Jade SDK, the first in the Fujitsu
IdeaBoxx™ series, is a Linux-based evaluation kit which includes a specially developed SoC containing Fujitsu’s “Jade” graphics display controller.
The Jade GDC (MB86R01) at the hub of the first IdeaBoxx is Fujitsu’s most cost-effective SOC-based display controller. Based on an ARM™ 926EJS processor running at 333MHz, Jade has a fixed pipeline 3D graphics engine powerful enough to produce sharp, crisp graphics on screen sizes up to 1024 x 768. Jade can support two screens independently, along with dual capture ports, and can apply video images to 3D meshes via texture mapping. This combination of features makes Jade ideal for many industrial and medical applications where screen sizes of 4 to 10 inches are common.
The module contains all the required hardware including graphics memory (frame buffer), flash memory and support for Jade’s multiple I/O functions including USB and SD card. The board also contains an Ethernet controller and HDMI for added functionality.
- Real World Embedded Environment - IdeaBoxx provides a fast, easy-to-use and reliable real-world embedded environment that gives a view of how the graphics would appear on the finished product
- Drastically Reduced Development Time - Reduces the development timeline by incorporating all necessary hardware and software in an optimized bundle so users don’t need to source anything.
- Up and Running Immediately - Everything designed and tested to work plug-and-play so that users can focus completely on the creative elements of their design right out of the box.
- Intuitive User Interface - The IdeaBoxx includes a demo version of Crank Software’s Storyboard Suite, which simplifies development of the user interface, and enables developers to view their work instantly on the target display using the actual embedded hardware.
- Crank Software’s Storyboard Suite is an excellent complement for Jade IdeaBoxx. Together, Crank and IdeaBoxx are well suited to tackle the challenges of embedded graphic development.
- SymmetryFujitsu Semiconductor America and Crank Software have joined forces to produce an innovative design environment that simplifies and streamlines the process for developing 3D graphics.
- Simplifying the User InterfaceStoryboard provides a highly intuitive user interface that is instantly comprehensible. It simplifies the user interface and eliminates the need for multi-stage development environments so typical in graphics design.
- Photoshop IntegrationThe seamless relationship with Photoshop PSD files enables our artists to generate prototypes immediately. They can view their work right away on the target display using the embedded hardware. IdeaBoxx removes the artist/ engineer dependency by freeing the graphic artist to explore new ideas and concepts without risking the efforts and time of the engineers.
Included in the Jade IdeaBoxx:
- (1) PCB with Fujitsu’s Jade SoM, processor, graphics memory (frame buffer), Flash memory and RAM memory
- (1) 7-inch backlit LCD with capacitive touch screen
- (1) USB stick containing documentation, and preloaded touch and non-touch demos
- (1) SD card
- (1) Power supply
- (1) USB cable for console access
- Collaborate directly with Fujitsu’s engineers and industry experts to address any pressing needs or answer questions in the Fujist IdeaBoxx developers forum..
Downloads and Documentation
- Visit the Fujitsu documentation library for all current and relevant support documentation including product manuals, user guides, fact sheets, specification sheets, application notes, product guides, brochures, technology backgrounders, case studies and development tools available for download.
Symmetry Electronics is the exclusive authorized distributor of the Fujitsu IdeaBoxx series.