Terms and Conditions
How Does This Contest Work?
Each video submission:
- Must include original video and project
- Must be uploaded to YouTube and submitted for consideration by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (no other form of submission will be accepted)
- Must be at least 1 minute but no more than 3 minutes in length
- Must be in English
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes anotherís rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement or legal or moral rights of any third party living or deceased
- Must be Entrants original work
- Must not disparage Sponsor or any other party affiliated with contest
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that is fraudulent, inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic , obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction whether the entry is created
Note: If any video submission fails to comply with any of these Entry Guidelineís and Requirements or any other provisions of these Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Entrant and the Video Submission will not be eligible to win.
Am I Eligible to Enter?
SemiconductorStore's (Sponsor) We Know RFduino - YouTube video contest (Contest) is open only to all individuals who are eighteen (18) years or older or minors with a guardians consent, as of July 3, 2014. Officers, directors and employees (and members of their households or immediate families) of Sponsor, related or affiliated and subsidiary companies, are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to these official rules. Sponsorís decision are final and binding in all matters related to the promotion. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
How do I Enter?
- During the contest We Know RFduino contest period, Entrants will create an original video showcasing their project based on the RFduino family of products and upload the video to YouTube; and then submit the URL of their video submission to the email address weknowRFduino@semiconductorstore.com.
- By submitting a video in this manner, each Entrant expressly accepts and, to be eligible for the prize, must comply with, the entry guidelines and requirements which are set forth below. Entrants must read these official rules carefully prior to participating. In the event that a video submission does not comply with any of the terms of these official rules (including the YouTube Terms of Service and Community Guidelines), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, such video submission will be void. Video submissions that appear to duplicate another submitted entries will be voided in Sponsorís sole discretion and only the first entry submitted (based on time/date) will be included in the We Know RFduino contest.
How do I Win?
A panel of judges from SemiconductorStore.com will review all submitted videos at the closing date and the eligible videos with the most views on Youtube will be selected as the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize winners. Additionally, all eligible entrants will receive a $25 coupon code by email to purchase additional RFduino products on SemiconductorStore.com. All participants will receive a $25.00 store credit for SemiconductorStore.com when the contest ends. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, October 8 2014. The winner will be confirmed by email and must meet all eligibility requirements inducing the timely execution and return of all necessary release and documents required by Sponsor.
A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternative potential winner may be selected if (i) he/she does not comply with these official rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible) (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within ten (10) days of its transmission or if the prize notice, after three (3) attempts is returned as undeliverable.
There will be three winners, 1st, 2nd & 3rd prizes as follows:
- 1st Prize - US$1,000 American Express Gift Card
- 2nd Prize - US$500 American Express Gift Card
- 3rd Prize - US$250 American Express Gift Card
Additionally all eligible entrants will receive a coupon code valued at $25 to purchase additional RFduino products on SemiconductorStore.com
No substitution, assignment or transfer of a prize is allowed except with Sponsor's permission or where required by law. The winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prize. Award of prize is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with all rules. Please allow 30 days from announcement for prize fulfillment.
Any important dates or deadlines?
The We Know RFduino YouTube video contest opens on July 3 2014, video submittals begin on September 1st, and contest ends on September 30, 2014 at 11:59 a.m. PDT.
Note: Paid or artificially manipulated (non organic) views will result in immediate disqualification.
The Fine Print
By participating in this We Know Rfudinio Youtube Video Contest or receiving a prize, Entrants and in particular winners, agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Presenter, YouTube Inc., American Express and each of their respective related companies and all of its and or their companyís officers directors, employees and agents (collectively, the ďReleased PartiesĒ) for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property caused in whole or part, directly or indirectly by participation in this contest (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize.
Limitations of Liability:
Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, late, damaged, garbled, undelivered, inaccurate or misdirected Video submissions or video submissions that cannot be played or for failures of sound recording, failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems or other communications malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable network Internet Service Provider (ISP) cable, satellite, server or other connections including those through www.SemiconductorStore.com and www.YouTube.com ; miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures, garbled, lost or misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem including but not limited to any injury or damage to Entrantís or any other personís computer related to or resulting from participation in this Contest; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any We Know RFduino Video Contest or any other problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic or otherwise, including without limitation, errors that may occur in connection with the administration of this Video Contest, the processing or judging of video submissions, the announcement of the prize, the incorrect uploading of any video submission or in any other contents related materials. The use of automated entry or similar devices is prohibited and entries through such prohibited devices are void. By entering the We Know RFduino Video Contest entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by telephone, email and/or postal mail for promotional proposes only.
Except where prohibited, participation in this We Know RFduino Video Contest constitutes entrantís (and in particular, winners) consent to Sponsor and its or their agentsí use of entrantís name, likeness, voice, opinions, and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
Disputes/Choice of Law
Except where prohibited each entrant agrees that any and all disputes claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Los Angeles, California. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneysí fees and no punitive, incidental, special consequential or other damages including without limitation lost profits may be awarded.
The We Know RFduino Video Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with YouTube and American Express.