9-bit video decoder: 2 ADCs, 4 analog inputs, Industrial Temp
The 9-bit video input processor is a combination of a two-channel analog preprocessing circuit including source selection, anti-aliasing filter and ADC, an automatic clamp and gain control, a Clock Generation Circuit (CGC), a digital multistandard decoder (PAL BGHI, PAL M, PAL N, combination PAL N, NTSC M, NTSC-Japan, NTSC N and SECAM), a brightness, contrast and saturation control circuit, a multistandard VBI data slicer and a 27 MHz VBI data bypass.
The pure 3.3 V CMOS circuit SAA7113H, analog front-end and digital video decoder, is a highly integrated circuit for desktop video applications. The decoder is based on the principle of line-locked clock decoding and is able to decode the color of PAL, SECAM and NTSC signals into ITU-R BT 601 compatible color component values. The SAA7113H accepts as analog inputs CVBS or S-video (Y/C) from TV or VTR sources. The circuit is I²C-bus controlled.
The integrated high performance multistandard data slicer supports several VBI data standards:
- Teletext 625 lines: WST (World Standard Teletext) and CCST (Chinese teletext)
- Teletext 525 lines: US-WST, NABTS (North-American Broadcast Text System) and MOJI (Japanese teletext)
- Closed caption: Europe and US (line 21)
- Wide Screen Signalling (WSS)
- Video Programming Signal (VPS)
- Time codes (VITC EBU/SMPTE)
- High-speed VBI data bypass for Intercast application.
- Four analog inputs, internal analog source selectors, e.g. 4 x CVBS or 2 x Y/C or (1 x Y/C and 2 x CVBS)
- Two analog preprocessing channels in differential CMOS style for best S/N-performance
- Fully programmable static gain or automatic gain control for the selected CVBS or Y/C channel
- Switchable white peak control
- Two built-in analog anti-aliasing filters
- Two 9-bit video CMOS Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADCs), digitized CVBS or Y/C-signals are available on the VPO-port via IC-bus control
- On-chip clock generator
- Line-locked system clock frequencies
- Digital PLL for horizontal sync processing and clock generation, horizontal and vertical sync detection
- Requires only one crystal (24.576 MHz) for all standards
- Automatic detection of 50 Hz and 60 Hz field frequency and automatic switching between PAL and NTSC standards
- Luminance and chrominance signal processing for PAL BGHI, PAL N, combination PAL N, PAL M, NTSC M, NTSC N, NTSC 4.43, NTSC-Japan and SECAM
- User programmable luminance peaking or aperture correction
- Cross-color reduction for NTSC by chrominance comb filtering
- Low power (< 0.5 W), low voltage (3.3 V), small package (QFP44)
- Power saving mode by chip enable input
- Detection of copy protected input signals according to the Macrovision standard; can be used to prevent unauthorized recording of pay-TV or video tape signals.