PLX has been developing I/O interconnect devices since 1994 and is a public company on Nasdaq traded as stock symbol PLXT. Originally focused on PCI-based products, it was a natural progression for PLX to develop products based on PCI Express (PCIe). Most of our customers can either migrate their legacy systems to PCI Express, or today obtain a high-performance PCIe solution for their latest, leading-edge system designs.
With about 150 employees, PLX's annual revenue was over $82 million in 2007. Our corporate office is located in Sunnyvale, CA USA with additional technical offices in China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea and the
Our complete family of I/O interconnect silicon includes:
- PCI Express Switches and Bridges
- USB Controllers and USB Duet™ Technology
- PCI-to-PCI / PCI-X Bridges
- I/O Accelerators
PLX is the global leading supplier of PCI Express switch and bridge products while offering the broadest range of devices and fullest feature-set in the market. PLX has now shipped over three million PCIe devices to customers.
In addition to high-performance silicon, our complete solution includes high-end software and hardware development tools that enable customers to bring products to market faster.
- Server - Rack-mount, Blade, and Stand-alone
- Storage - Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Communications - Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer (DSLAM), Base Station Controller, Wireless LAN Gateway, VoIP Gateway, Remote Access Concentrator, and Router/Switch
- Consumer - Mobile, TV, Printer, Graphics, Wireless LAN and PC
- Embedded Control - Imaging & Graphics, Printer, Medical, and Industrial
SemiconductorStore is proud to be an authorized PLX distributor