Also see the new AMD G-Series SoC products by clicking here.
A flexible platform that in one package offers many choices for power efficiency, visual experience with high resolution, and fully connected Internet experience with maximum multi-media capability. Delivering unprecedented high definition visual experience while still maintaining a low power design.
Enabling Innovative Small Form Factor Designs - Smaller footprint and low power solution reduces overall system costs.
The integration of the APU reduces the foot print of a traditional three-chip platform to two chips, the APU and its companion controller hub. This simplifies the design, requiring fewer board layers and a smaller power supply, thereby driving down system costs.
Reduced Costs over the Product Life Cycle - A single, scalable platform design that allows OEMs to reduce development costs, optimize solutions and increase product stability.
A single APU architecture with an array of performance options, the AMD Embedded G-Series platform lets OEMs utilize a single board design to enable solutions that span from entry level to high end. The commonality of the scalable platform design across multiple product variants can help reduce development costs, simplify the supply chain and reduce operational complexity.
AMD’s embedded lifecycle, with planned availability of at least 5 years, helps to ensure a long life for an OEM design.
- APU FEATURES:
- High speed device interconnect
- High performance integrated x86 core(s)
- Integrated cutting edge graphics processor
- High-bandwidth, low-latency integrated memory controller
- Low-latency platform interface
- X86 CORE ARCHITECTURE:
- Single or dual x86 Processor
- Advanced Branch Prediction
- Out-of-Order Instruction Execution
- High Performance Floating Point
- AMD64 64-bit ISA
- SSE1,2,3, SSSE3 ISA, SSE4A, MMX™
- Secure Advanced Virtualization
- GPU CORE ARCHITECTURE:
- Dedicated graphics memory controller
- 2D Acceleration
- 3D Acceleration
- Motion Video Acceleration
- INTEGRATED DDR3 MEMORY CONTROLLER:
- Support for solder-down, SODIMM and DIMM memory, two slots, non-ECC type
- 64-bit DDR3 SDRAM controller operating at frequencies up to 1333MT/s (667MHz)
- LARGE HIGH-PERFORMANCE ON-CHIP CACHE:
- 32KB I-Cache, 32KB D-Cache
- ENABLING FAN-LESS, HIGH RELIABILILTY, LOW COST SOLUTIONS
- The two low power models, dual-core T40E and single-core T40R, deliver up to 40% power savings compared to the other models in the AMD Embedded G-Series product family.