The Blue Gecko Bluetooth Low Energy Wireless SoC Starter Kit includes a Bluetooth Low Energy Software Stack and integrated debug adapter. This enables developers to quickly establish a Bluetooth connection and evaluate Blue Gecko SoCs. With the supporting Simplicity Studio suite of tools, developers can take advantage of graphical wireless application development and visual energy profiling and optimization.
- Energy-friendly wireless connectivity with low active current for radio and MCU, fast wakeup times and autonomous operation of peripherals
- Improved signal range and easier system design with an integrated power amplifier capable of 19 dBm output power
- 2 x increase in throughput with Bluetooth 5 compatibility
- Expanded security options with encryption including AES-128, AES-256, SHA-1, SHA-2 and ECC
- Simplified software and system design with concurrent MCU and wireless development using Simplicity Studio
Get the Most Out of Bluetooth 5
Explore how to get the most out of Bluetooth 5 capabilities with EFR32 Blue Gecko SoCs
Quickly add Bluetooth connectivity to your applications with a certified Silicon Labs BGM111 Blue Gecko module, software stack and intuitive scripting language for development.
The Blue Gecko family of wireless solutions combines an energy-friendly MCU with a highly integrated radio transceiver supporting Bluetooth Smart®.
The single-die solution provides industry-leading energy efficiency, ultra-fast wakeup times, a scalable power amplifier, an integrated balun and no-compromise MCU features.
Learn more about the Blue Gecko - click here
The Blue Gecko module is a Bluetooth Smart module targeted for Bluetooth Smart applications where good RF performance, low power consumption and easy application development are key requirements. At +8 dBm TX power BGM111 has best-in-class RF performance and can provide long range, robust Bluetooth Smart connectivity.
- Bluetooth 4.1 Compliant (Bluetooth Smart)
- Software upgradable to Bluetooth 4.2
- TX power: up to +8 dBm
- RX sensitivity: down to -93 dBm
- Range: up to 200 meters
- CPU core: 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4
- Flash memory: 256 kB
- RAM: 32 kB
- Autonomous Hardware Crypto Accelerator and True Random Number Generator
- Integrated DC-DC Converter
- W x L x H: 12.9 mm x 15.0 mm x 2.2 mm
- Temperature range: -40C to +85C