The AMD Embedded G-Series SOC platform is a high-performance, low-power System-on-Chip (SOC) design, featured with enterprise-class error-correction codec (ECC) memory support, dual and quad-core variants, integrated discrete-class GPU and I/O controller on the same die.
The AMD G-Series SOC achieves superior performance per watt in the low-power x86 microprocessor class of products when running multiple industry standard benchmarks. This helps enable the delivery of an exceptional HD multimedia experience and provides a heterogeneous computing platform for parallel processing. The small-footprint, ECC capable SOC sets the new foundation for a power efficient platform for content-rich multimedia processing and workload processing that is well-suited for a broad variety of embedded applications.
- 1st Generation SOC Design:
- Integrates Controller Hub functional block as well as CPU+GPU+NB
- 28nm process technology, FT3 BGA package, 24.5mm x 24.5mm
- Dual- or Quad-"Jaguar" CPU cores with 2MB shared L2 cache
- Next Generation Graphics Core: Radeon HD8000 serie
- DirectX® 11.1 graphics support
- • Memory Support: Single-Channel DDR3-1600 – 1.35V& 1.25V, up to 2 UDIMMs or 2 SO-DIMM
- ECC memory Support
- Supports two simultaneous displays
- Supports 4-lane DisplayPort 1.2, DVI, HDMI™ 1.4a, Integrated VGA and Integrated eDP or 18bpp single channel LVDS
- Four x1 links of PCIe® Gen 2 for GPPs
- One x4 link of PCIe Gen 2 for discrete GPU (not on lower TDPs)
- 8 USB 2.0 + 2 USB 3.0
- 2 SAATA 2.x/3.x (up to 6Gb/s)
- SD Card Reader v3.0 or SDI controller
G-Series SoC Resources
AMD Embedded G-Series SOC Platform: Excellent Performance in an...
The embedded evolution continues with X86 CPU, integrated discrete...