The V2 family is the new generation of Telit modules which offers a GSM/GPRS protocol stack 3GPP Release 4, the Downlink Advance Receiver Performance (DARP) feature for Single Antenna Interference Cancellation (SAIC), the Enhanced Measurement Report, GERAN Feature package 1, which assists in supporting the Extended Uplink TBF and Network Assisted Cell Change (NACC), the control via remote AT Commands and Event Monitor.
According to Telit Unified Form Factor, the V2 modules are designed to be compatible with Telit's GSM/GPRS products in the compact, unified form factor family, allowing easy scalability and shorter time-to-market for new design.
With its ultra-compact design and extended temperature range, the Telit GC864-QUAD V2 is the perfect platform for medium-volume m2m applications and mobile data devices. Additional features such as integrated TCP/IP protocol stack and serial multiplexer give extend functionality of the application at no additional cost.
The GC864-QUAD V2 makes it furthermore possible to run the customer's application inside the module, thus making it one of the smallest, complete platforms for m2m solutions. GC864-QUAD V2 is also available with integrated SIM Holder.
All Telit modules, support Over-the-Air firmware update by means Premium FOTA Management. By embedding RedBend’s vRapid® agent, a proven and battle-tested technology powering hundreds of millions of cellular handsets world-wide Telit is able to update its products by transmitting only a delta file, which represents the difference between one firmware version and another.
As a part of Telit’s corporate policy of environmental protection, all products comply to the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive of the European Union (EU Directive 2002/95/EG).
This product supports the m2mLOCATE Cell-ID based global-positioning feature.
- Quad-band EGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- GSM/GPRS protocol stack 3GPP Release 4 compliant
- Output power:
- Class 4 (2W) @ 850 / 900 MHz
- Class 1 (1W) @ 1800 / 1900 MHz
- Control via AT commands according to 3GPP TS 27.005, 27.007 and Telit custom AT commands
- Control via Remote AT commands
- Power consumption (typical values):
- Power off: < 62uA
- Idle (registered, power saving): 1.5 mA @ DRX=9
- Dedicated mode: <240 mA @ max power level
- GPRS cl.10: <420 mA @ max power level
- Serial port multiplexer 3GPP TS 27.010
- SIM access profile
- SIM application toolkit 3GPP TS 51.014
- Extended supply voltage range: 3.22-4.5 V DC (3.8 V DC nominal)
- TCP/IP stack access via AT commands
- < -107 dBm @ 850 / 900 MHz
- < -106 dBm @ 1800 / 1900 MHz
- Dimensions: 22 x 22 x 3 mm
- Weight: 3.2 grams
- Extended temperature range:
- -40 degrees C to +85 degrees C (operational)
- -40 degrees C to +85 degrees C (storage temperature)
- DARP/SAIC support
- Enhanced Measurement Report support
- RoHS compliant