The GE864 quad-band GSM/GPRS series of cellular modules includes a standard variant, an ATEX certified variant, an automotive variant and a GPS-equipped variant; all featuring a common 30x30 mm footprint, low profile BGA package.
- RUN AT Commands Remotely and Event Monitor services
- PYTHON Script Interpreter - customers can run their Python applications directly inside the module
- Premium FOTA Management - Easy firmware update by transmitting only a small delta file
- Easy migration from previous Telit versions and short time-to-market
- BGA package enables the design of compact applications, with reduced cost compared to board-to-board connector mounting
- Ideal platform for mobile size sensitive, high-volume applications, such as telematics, fleet management, tracking, security and vehicle navigation
- Ready to be integrated in an electronic safety system installed inside vehicles, automatically calling emergency services in case of accident
m2mLOCATE is a Telit cloud-based service that provides a device's position based on observed cellular Cell-IDs.
Accessing a database of over 40 million cell-IDs globally, m2mLOCATE can provide a position for every use-case including indoors/underground, outdoors, and boundary situations. For devices with GNSS capability and a view of the satellites, m2mLOCATE provides a position while the GNSS makes a more accurate fix. In the event satellites are not visible (e.g. deep indoors or underground), or the device has no GNSS apparatus, then a position is still provided based on observed cellular signals.
With m2mLOCATE, Telit modules are able to retrieve their position using cellular network information and in urban and rural areas, identifying signals to obtain Cell-ID-based positioning under any condition.
Telit's m2mLOCATE is a service developed in partnership with RxNetworks, a leading provider of Location Based Services (LBS) with an extensive resource portfolio which includes Cell-ID and Wi-Fi access point databases; and Ephemeris stream files.
- Quad-band EGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- GSM/GPRS protocol stack 3GPP Release 4 compliant
- Output power:
- Class 4 (2W) @ 850 / 900 MHz
- Class 1 (1W) @ 1800 / 1900 MHz
- Control via AT commands according to 3GPP TS 27.005, 27.007 and Telit custom AT commands
- Serial port multiplexer 3GPP TS 27.010
- SIM access profile
- SIM application toolkit 3GPP TS 51.014
- Power consumption (typical values):
- Power off: < 62 uA
- Idle (registered, power saving): 1.5 mA @ DRX=9
- Dedicated mode: < 240 mA @ max power level
- GPRS cl. 10: < 420 mA @ max power level