The low profile and small size of the unique BGA package for the GE865-QUAD enable the design of extremely compact applications. Since connectors are eliminated, the solution cost is significantly reduced compared to conventional mounting.
With its ultra-compact design and extended temperature range, the Telit GE865 product line is the perfect platform for high-volume m2m applications and mobile data devices. Additional features such as integrated TCP/IP protocol stack and serial multiplexer extend functionality of the application at no additional cost.
The GE865 makes it possible to run the customer's application inside the module using Python Script Interpreter, thus making it the smallest, complete platform for m2m solutions.
All Telit modules, support Over-the-Air firmware update by means Premium FOTA Management. By embedding Red Bend Software vRapid Mobile® agent, a proven and battle-tested technology powering hundreds of millions of cellular handsets world-wide Telit is able to update its products by transmitting only a delta file, which represents the difference between one firmware version and another.
As a part of Telit’s corporate policy of environmental protection, all products comply to the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive of the European Union (EU Directive 2002/95/EG).
- Quad-band EGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- GSM/GPRS protocol stack 3GPP Release 4 compliant
- Output power:
- Class 4 (2W) @ 850 / 900 MHz
- Class 1 (1W) @ 1800 / 1900 MHz
- Control via AT commands according to 3GPP TS 27.005, 27.007 and Telit custom AT commands
- Control via Remote AT commands
- Power consumption (typical values):
- Power off: < 62uA
- Idle (registered, power saving): 1.5 mA @ DRX=9
- Dedicated mode: <240 mA @ max power level
- GPRS cl.10: <420 mA @ max power level
- Serial port multiplexer 3GPP TS 27.010
- SIM access profile
- SIM application toolkit 3GPP TS 51.014
- Extended supply voltage range: 3.22-4.5 V DC (3.8 V DC nominal)
- TCP/IP stack access via AT commands
- < -107 dBm @ 850 / 900 MHz
- < -106 dBm @ 1800 / 1900 MHz
- Dimensions: 22 x 22 x 3 mm
- Weight: 3.2 grams
- Extended temperature range:
- -40 degrees C to +85 degrees C (operational)
- -40 degrees C to +85 degrees C (storage temperature)
- DARP/SAIC support
- Enhanced Measurement Report support
- RoHS compliant