The GS1500M is a fully certified module offering quick, easy and cost effective way for OEMs to enable leading edge Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11b/g/n) in their platforms. The module provides multiple serial UART or SPI interfaces, enabling connection to any embedded design utilizing a 8/16/32-bit microcontroller via simple commands. The GS1500M is an ideal solution for OEMs with no or limited Wi-Fi or RF expertise, as it dramatically reduces development time and eliminates the burden of testing and certification, allowing customers to exclusively focus on their core platform. The module supports Wi-Fi PHY rates up to 72.2 Mbps, is fully compliant with 802.11b/g/n and meets Wi-Fi Alliance and worldwide regulatory requirements. GS1500M also supports the newly available Wi-Fi Direct standard from Wi-Fi Alliance. This enables the module with best-in-class peer to peer networking which allows Wi-Fi devices to connect to one another without an access point, enabling easy transfer of content anytime, anywhere.
Multiple software configurations are available for running a stack or network services on the module. For applications utilizing a small 8 bit microcontroller host, the module supports a serial to Wi-Fi function and runs the full Wi-Fi and TCP/IP networking stacks, completely offloading the host. For applications utilizing more powerful microcontrollers, the networking stack and services can reside on the host while the module provides the IP to Wi-Fi functionality. In addition, it supports WEP/WPA/WPA2 security, Adhoc as well as Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) for ease of provisioning.
The module SKU is single sided, pin compatible with previous GS1011M module, with castellation on the edges for I/O connection so module can be soldered down on customer application base-board.
- Brings leading edge Wi-Fi and web connectivity to any platform with a microcontroller and serial HOST interface (UART or SPI)
- Reduces development time while accelerating time to market
- Self contained solution minimizes host processor loading
- Easy device provisioning through ad-hoc or Wi-Fi Protected Set-up (WPS)
- Low power consumption through dynamic power management modes: Sleep and Deep Sleep
- Single power source of 3.3V
- Certified Modules (FCC/IC, Wi-Fi)
- Rich I/O interfaces such as SPI, UART, GPIO, I2C, ADC, JTAG
- Operates with standard 802.11b/g/n access points at speeds up to 72.2 Mbps
- Infrastructure or Adhoc mode
- Supports peer to peer networking
- Multiple UART and SPI interfaces
- Supports Master and Slave SPI Modes
- Up to 11 Mbps in SPI Master Mode
- Up to 3 Mbps in SPI Slave Mode
- Up to 921.6 kbps on UART
- Full Wi-Fi stack including WPS and optional networking stack and services
- 802.11i Security
- WEP, WPA/WPA2 (AES and TKIP), Enterprise