The HAL 283x are members of the Micronas varioHAL® (HAL 28xy) family of programmable linear Hall-effect sensors. The sensors feature a digital SENT interface (Single Edge Nibble Transmission). This interface enables a fast and robust data transfer in harsh automotive environments. The implementation of the interface complies with the SAE J2716 SENT standard release 2010-01.
The HAL 2850 is a new member of the -Micronas varioHAL (HAL 28xy) family of programmable linear Hall-effect sensors. It features a digital PWM output with slew-rate control, that enables a fast and robust data transfer in harsh environments. The PWM signal can be directly decoded by any unit measuring a duty cycle of a rectangular signal (usually a timer/capture unit in a microcontroller).
- High-precision linear Hall-effect sensor
- Spinning current offset compensation
- 20 bit digital signal processing
- Output resolution up to 16 bit
- Magnetic measurement range over temperature adjustable from ▒24 mT up to ▒96 mT
- Sample period programmable from 0.5 ms to 33 ms
- Various sensor parameter are programmable: offset, sensitivity, temperature compensation for sensitivity (2nd order) and offset (1st order), etc.
- Programming and operation of multiple sensors at the same supply line
- Biphase-M interface (programming mode)
- Non-volatile memory with lock function
- SENT clock tick time programmable between 2 Ás and 17.75 Ás
- Pulse low time programmable between 3 and 6.75 clock ticks
- Sample accurate transmission of magnetic field information
- Transmission of temperature and device information by serial data messages in the status nibble
- Open-drain output with slew rate control (load independent)
- On-board diagnostics (overvoltage, output current, overtemperature, signal path overflow)
- Power-on self-test covering all memories and full signal path from Hall plates to SENT output
- ESD protection at DIO pin
- Reverse voltage and ESD protection at VSUP pin
- High immunity against mechanical stress, ESD, and EMC
- AECQ-100 rev. G qualified