The sensor HAL 730 is particularly featuring a count and a direction output. The count output operates like a single latched Hall switch according to the magnetic field present at Hall plate S1. The direction output indicates the direction of a linear or rotating movement of magnetic objects.HAL 7xy is a family of monolithic integrated Hall-effect sensors manufactured in CMOS technology with two independent Hall plates S1 and S2. Both devices have two open-drain outputs.
In combination with an active target providing a sequence of alternating magnetic north and south poles, the sensors generate the signals required to control position, speed, and direction of the target movement.
The HAL 7xy sensors include temperature compensation and active offset compensation. These features provide excellent stability and matching of the switching points in the presence of mechanical stress over the whole temperature and supply voltage range.
The HAL 7xy family is designed for automotive and industrial applications and operate with supply voltages from 3 .8 V to 24 V in the junction temperature range from −40 °C up to 170 °C. The sensors are available in the SMD package SOT89B.
- Operates from –40 °C up to 170 °C junction temperature
- Operates from 3.8 V to 24 V supply voltage
- Generation of a direction signal (HAL 730 only)
- Operates with static magnetic fields and dynamic magnetic fields up to 10 kHz
- Overvoltage protection at all pins
- Reverse-voltage protection at VDD pin
- Magnetic characteristics are robust against mechanical stress effects
- Short-circuit protected open-drain outputs by thermal shut down
- Constant switching points over a wide supply voltage and temperature range
- The decrease of magnetic flux density caused by rising temperature in the sen- sor system is compensated by a built-in negative temperature coefficient of the magnetic characteristics
- High temperature stability for automotive or industrial applications
- High ESD rating