The HAL 15xy family consists of different Hall switches produced in CMOS technology. All sensors include a temperature-compensated Hall plate with active offset compensation, a comparator, and an output stage.
The comparator compares the actual magnetic flux through the Hall plate (Hall voltage) with the fixed reference values (switching points). Accordingly the output transistor is switched on or off in 3-wire versions, and the current source is switched on (high current consumption) or off (low current consumption) in 2-wire versions.
- Overvoltage protection capability up to 40 V
- Operates from 2.7 V to 24 V supply voltage
- Very low current consumption of typ. 1.6 mA
- ISO 26262 compliant as ASIL-A ready device
- Tiny SOT23-3L JEDEC TO236-Compliant package