The HE863 modules are small, lightweight, low power consumption and RoHS compliant devices which combine the access to digital communication services in GSM, GPRS, EDGE and HSPA networks with BGA form factor.
The Ball-Grid-Array (BGA) package provides for a very low profile in the integrated solution while at the same time enhancing the performance of mechanical resistance to shock and reducing cost in high-volume applications, saving space and weight in portable devices.
The HE863 family includes features like HSDPA 7.2 Mbps (Cat 8), HSUPA 5.8 Mbps (Cat 6), EGPRS Class 12, Voice, Circuit Switched Data Transfer, Phonebook and SMS support, embedded TCP/IP protocol stack and custom Telit AT commands).
Some variants of HE863 family are also provided with integrated high sensitivity GPS functionality for indoor fixes and simultaneous GPS with voice and data.
Several HE863 variants are available for each regional coverage: Standard variant (voice & data), GPS variant (voice, data & GPS) and Data Only variant (data).
As a part of Telit’s corporate policy of environmental protection, all Telit products comply to the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive of the European Union (EU Directive 2002/95/EG).
- HSPA data up to 7.2 Mbps DL / 5.8 Mbps UL
- Optional GPS
- Quad Band GPRS and EDGE class 33
- Small dimensions: 31.4 x 41.4 x 3.0 mm
- Extended temperature range:
- -30 degrees C to +85 degrees C (Operational)
- -40 degrees C to +85 degrees C (Storage)
- SIM Access Profile
- GSM/GPRS protocol stack 3GPP release 6 compliant
- Control via AT commands according to 3GPP TS27.005, 27.007 and customized AT commands
- Serial port multiplexer 3GPP TS27.010
- SIM application Tool Kits 3GPP TS 51.014
- TCP/IP stack access via AT commands