The JN3 is the companion module to JF2. It employs LCC packaging and a 3V power supply and is interoperable with Telit cellular modules providing ready-to-use solution bundles at no additional integration effort or cost. This feature is particularly evident when integrating with the GL865 family of sub-compact LCC cellular modules.
The JN3 is also designed to be a low-cost, drop-in replacement for the SL869 when multi-constellation support is not required. It supports AGPS injection as well as AGPS on-board generation. The AGPS integration effort is negligible when JN3 is bundled with a Telit module.
- Supports AGPS using Extended Ephemeris injection as well as Extended Ephemeris on-board generation for fastest TTFF
- Easy integration in cellular/GNSS bundle solutions combined with Telit cellular modules
- LCC package allows manual soldering/rework
- Pin-to-pin compatibility with SL869 allows customers to dial in their desired GNSS capabilities with low-end (GPS only) and high-end (GPS+Glonass+Galileo +QZSS) variants using the same motherboard
Telit's positioning product portfolio is the result of over twenty years of experience in GNSS applications. Telit has developed a range of products compatible with the well-known GNSS constellation as well as its Russian counterpart GLONASS. Moreover, Telit's portfolio is fully aligned with the upcoming service launch of Europe's Galileo constellation. Valuable features such as Dead Reckoning, Precision Timing, as well as speed and reliability assured by multi-constellation coverage, provide additional benefits for your application.
Your application development effort can also benefit significantly from the seamless integration between Telit's cellular and positioning modules. This bundling of cellular and positioning modules significantly reduces development complexity without adding costs. Multi-constellation positioning products applied together with our eCall/ERA-GLONASS compliant cellular modules bring you ready-to-use emergency automotive tracking solutions for the European and Russian markets.
Typical applications include fleet management systems, European GPS-assisted road tolling systems, cellular base stations, in-car navigation systems, automotive telematics systems, and GPS-based personal sports training monitors.
- Frequency Band: GPS L1 Band, C/A Code
- Standards: NMEA and OSP
- 48 Channel GPS architecture
- Positional Accuracy (CEP50):
- Autonomous Positional Error < 2.5 m
- Speed: < 0.01 m/s
- Heading: < 0.01 deg
- Time to First Fix (90% @ -130 dBm):
- Hot Start: 1 s
- Cold Start: < 35 s
- A-GPS: local ephemeris prediction
- A-GPS: server predicted ephemeris file injection