With a choice of flexible, media-independent modules ranging from Ethernet, WiFi and ultra-secure WiFi, the MatchPort family takes the complexity out of RF design and networking. OEMs can focus on their core competencies while minimizing engineering risk, shortening development time and reducing development cost.
MatchPort b/g Pro is a dedicated co-processor module that manages wireless connectivity and web services, enabling the device’s host microcontroller to function at maximum efficiency. Using a dual-processor design (one for converting wired serial data into TCP/IP packets, adding authentication and web server; the other an 802.11 b/g baseband and radio chipset) MatchPort b/g Pro adds secure WiFi connectivity and web services to any device with a serial interface on its host microcontroller.
With an unmatched portfolio of security technologies, MatchPort b/g Pro goes far beyond compliance with the popular 802.11i, WPA and WPA2 wireless security specifications. It ensures data integrity and privacy for highly sensitive requirements, such as medical or financial applications.
- IEEE 802.11i-compliant radio with AES-CCMP and TKIP encryption
- Complete suite of 802.1x Enterprise Authentication Protocols (EAP) including EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, PEAP and LEAP
- End-to-end SSL TLS and SSH tunneling
- End-to-end AES 128-bit encrypted tunneling
With exclusive SmartRoam technology, MatchPort b/g Pro continuously tracks the signal strength of access points (AP) within range. If necessary, pre-authentication and caching enable smooth and automatic transition to an access point with a stronger signal. This enhances mobility within a building, warehouse or across a campus network with less time spent re-authenticating due to a lost connection or re-associating to a stronger signal.
MatchPort b/g is module certified by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). This allows you to leverage the Lantronix FCC license grant and bypass 802.11 regulatory testing, speeding time-to-market and minimizing development and testing costs. MatchPort b/g is also pretested for European telecommunications regulations.
MatchPort b/g Pro scans current AP and Received Signal Strength radio parameters, as well as authentication and negotiated encryption types for the current association, and displays them on a web page. This enables remote technicians to diagnose problems as they occur and troubleshoot over any IP network without a service call, reducing support costs and unnecessary visits.
Featuring the Lantronix Evolution OS® operating system, MatchPort’s integrated CGI-capable web server transforms a standalone device into a networked product that can be managed remotely via a standard web browser. CGI capability enables users to remotely monitor and collect information from the device in real-time and send the information to dynamic web pages. AJAX technology ensures smooth browsing of dynamic content served from the edge device. Additionally, MatchPort b/g Pro supports open standards such as “Cisco-like” CLI, XML and serial and Telnet management options.
Designed without an attached antenna, it provides the flexibility to locate the antenna and connector based on design requirements. It also includes a user-controlled, intelligent power management option to shut down the radio during periods of inactivity, minimizing current consumption.
- Wireless Specifications:
- Wireless Standards: IEEE 802.11b; 802.11g
- Channel Frequency Range: 2.412 – 2.484 GHz
- Output Power: 14dBm +2.0dBM/-1.5dBm (does not include antenna gain)
- Maximum Receive Sensitivity: -91dBm @ 1Mbps
- Data Rates With Automatic Fallback: 54Mbps – 1Mbps
- Range: Up to 328 feet indoors (100m)
- Modulation Techniques: OFDM, DSSS, CCK, DQPSK, DBPSK, 64 QAM, 16 QAM
- Serial Interface:
- Two Serial Ports
- Interface: CMOS (Asynchronous) 3.3V-level signals, rate is software selectable (300 bps to 230,000 bps)
- Serial Line Formats: 7 or 8 data bits, 1-2 Stop bits
- Parity: odd, even, none
- Modem Control: DTR, DCD
- Flow Control: XON/XOFF (software), CTS/RTS (hardware), none
- Network Interface:
- Interface Wireless 802.11b and 802.11g, Ethernet
- Protocols Supported ARP, UDP, TCP, Telnet, ICMP, SNMP, v2C, DHCP, BOOTP,
- Auto IP, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, TFTP
- Management & Configuration:
- Serial login
- Telnet loginv
- Internal WebManager (SSL Option for secure login)
- Cisco-like CLI (over Serial Ports,Telnet or SSH)
- XML Configuration Records via CLI or FTP
- Windows-based DeviceInstaller software
- Firmware: Upgradeable via FTP,Web, Serial Port
- Wireless Security:
- IEEE 802.11i Encryption: AES-CCMP and TKIP Encryption
- WPA2- Enterprise (EAP,PEAP, LEAP),WPA2-PSK,WPA - PSK 64/128-bit WEP
- Wired Security:
- SSL Client & Server, Selectable 128/256/512/768/1024 Bit Certificates
- SSH Client, 8 Server Selectable 128/256/512/768/1024 Bit Public/Private Key support
- ENCRYPTION: AES, 3DES and RC4 Encryption for SSH & SSL
- Lantronix end-to-end AES 128 Bit Encryption
- AUTHENTICATION: SHA-1,MD5,Base-64
- Internal Web Server:
- CGI with AJAX support
- CPU, Memory: Lantronix 32-bit processor, 166Mhz (159 MIPS - Dhrystone 2.1) 7 GPIO
- Firmware: 8 MB SDRAM, 8 MB Flash (Factory default). Flash wear leveling and erase cycle statistics
- Nominal Current Consumption (@3.3v):
- Wireless On; Standby: 160mA
- Wireless On; Continuous Max Transmit Power: 350mA
- Operating range, WLAN: -40° to 70°C (-40° to 158°F)
- Storage range: -40° to 85°C (-40° to 185°F)
- Dimensions: 44.4 x 44.4 x 10.4 mm (1.75 x 1.75 x .41 in)
- Weight: 29g
- Material: Plastic shell, 260°C tolerant
- Included Software:
- Windows® 98/NT/2000/XP/Vista based DeviceInstaller™ configuration software and Com Port Redirector™, web manager