The MultiTech MultiConnect mDot is a secure, CE/FCC certified, ARM mbed programmable, low-power RF module, that provides long-range, low bit rate M2M data connectivity to sensors, industrial equipment and remote appliances.
The MultiConnect mDot is LoRaWAN 1.0 compliant, providing bi-directional data communication up to 10 miles / 16 km line-of-sight and 1-3 miles / 2 km into buildings, using sub-GHz ISM bands in North America and Europe.
As the first ARM mbed Platform listed on mbed.org that is industry certified and deployment ready, applications can be written and compiled quickly online using developer friendly libraries, downloaded and hosted within the mDot. Decision making and control is distributed to the edge, enabling data to be more actionable without the heavy lift required to optimize RF performance, implement complex M2M middleware and security protocols needed to deploy a low touch install.
mDots bring intelligence, reduced complexity and a lower overall bill of material cost to the very edge of the network while supporting a variety of electronic interfaces to connect just about any “Thing” for years on battery power.
- Up to 10 miles / 16 km range
- Deep in-building penetration - 1 to 3 miles / 2 km
- Developer friendly to integrate and quickly deploy assets
- Run for years on battery power
- FCC/CE end-certified with ARM® mbed™ libraries for developers
- 2-way duplex communication, ideal for emergency or mission-critical applications
- Multiple I/O interfaces for most any "Thing"
- LoRaWAN data rates 293 bps - 20 Kbps + FSK up to 300 Kbps