The monolithic Si1132 sensor integrates multiple photodiodes, an analog-to-digital converter, a signal processor and a digital I2C control interface. This UV Index and ambient light sensor enables fitness wrist/arm bands, smart watches, and smartphones to measure UV sun exposure. Customers benefit by receiving a warning of when their current UV exposure is at an unhealthy level or to determine their cumulative UV exposure during exercise.
IDEAL FOR WEARABLE APPLICATIONS
- Digital UV Index sensor enables real-time UV sun exposure and cumulative UV sun exposure
- Ambient light sensor with 0.1 to 128 kLux dynamic range operates in direct sunlight
- Long battery life with as little as 1.2 μA average current UV Index measurements, < 500 nA standby, and 1.7 V to 3.6 V operation
- I2C interface for ease of communication with host MCU
- Tiny 2 mm x 2 mm clear QFN package
- Operating temperature – 40 to 85 °C