Telit Wireless Solutions is an enabler of the global machine-to-machine (m2m) movement.
Position awareness for all connected devices.Short-to-long range license free wireless connection of devices to their peripherals, to each other, and to long-range gateways;Long-range cellular connection of devices to each-other and the Internet of Things (IoT).
m2m is a technology that has evolved over the course of just a few years and yet has become indispensable for many industries. According to Beecham Research, the market had reached a volume of more than 50 billion US Dollar even by 2008. And the prospects for growth are excellent: In 2012, the market volume is set to rise five-fold to 250 billion US Dollar.
The chief value of m2m is to enable applications that allow businesses to enhance productivity and competitiveness through increased efficiencies, cost-savings, and improved levels of service.
- Connecting machines to other machines - e.g. remote production environments.
- Connecting machines to service centers - e.g. vehicles that automatically notify service centers of maintenance issues.
- Connecting service centers to machines - e.g. vending machines that report the stock status to a central inventory system.
- Connecting individuals or vehicles to machines - e.g. indicating their geographical position for enhanced personal security.
m2m applications can be found in a wide range of industries and sectors including vending machines, automated meter reading (AMR), point-of-sales (POS)-terminals, transport and logistics, pay-as-you-drive, telematics, healthcare, security technology and a wealth of other vertical segments.
Telit has proven to be a good choice for customers needing a solid GSM/GPRS or CDMA solution
- Telit offers a future upgrade path with Firmware Over The Air (FOTA)
- Telit designed and owns its own GSM protocol stack instead of licensing it from a third party. Reduces customer’s risk and enables Telit to offer new services faster than competition
- Telit has a unified form factor across the different cellular standards GSM/GPRS, CDMA, HSDPA
- Telit modules are fully certified: PTCRB, FCC
- Telit modules include a Jamming Detection report for increased security
View Telit Product Technologies
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- CDMA / EVDO
- Cellular Dev Kits
- Combination External Antennas
- Dev Kits and Eval Boards
- Embedded Boards
- Embedded Cellular Modules
- External Cellular Gateways / Modems
- Fiber Transceivers
- GPS External Antennas
- GPS Internal Active Patch Antennas
- IN-A-BOX Dev Kits
- Innovation Marketplace
- Interface - Specialized
- Interface Dev Kits
- Internet of Things
- Memory Dev Kits
- Microcontroller Dev Kits
- Networking Dev Kits
- PCI Express (PCIe)
- PCI Express Bridges
Featured Telit Products
A guide to the M2M product design cycle including regulatory...
Discusses requirements to engaging the Smart Grid market.
Telit White Paper
Telit White Paper
Telit product Selection Guide 2016