The XPress Device Servers allow virtually any serial device to be connected to a new or existing Ethernet network.
By encapsulating serial data and transporting it over Ethernet, the XPress allows virtual serial links to be established over Ethernet. By using these units, limited-distance, point-to-point, direct serial connections can now be extended within the plant, throughout the facility, or across the global enterprise.
When used in conjunction with an OPC server, most Windows® based HMI, SCADA, and PC-based control applications have full access to information in the connected device. Existing COM-port based Windows® applications can access network-enabled devices using our Com Port Redirector software. Redirector software allows the creation of virtual serial ports, which can be mapped to the remote device servers over Ethernet and connected to the XPress.
Flexible configuration options allow the unit to be set up locally using the serial port, or remotely over Ethernet using Telnet or a common web browser. Included Windows® based configuration software simplifies the process of installing communication drivers and configuring them for use with attached devices. Flash memory provides for maintenance-free, non-volatile storage, and allows future system upgrades.
Packaged in a rugged DIN-rail mount case and featuring 2000V galvanic isolation, 1500V Ethernet isolation, a wide 0° to 60°C operating range, and a 9-30VDC/9-24VAC power input, the XPress is ideal for any industrial application.
- Serial Interface:
- Interface: RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485
- Connector : Screw terminals or RJ45
- Data Rates: 300 to 115,200 bps
- Characters: 7 or 8 data bits
- Parity: odd, even, none
- Stop Bits: 1 or 2
- Flow Control
- Software: XON/XOFF
- Hardware: RTS/CTS
- Installable Serial Protocols (XPress-DR-IAP only)
- Network Interface:
- Standards: ARP, UDP/IP, TCP/IP, ICMP, SNMP, BOOTP, DHCP, TFTP, Telnet, and HTTP
- Interface: 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet
- Connector: RJ45
- Installable application layer protocols (XPress-DR-IAP only)
- Ready, Fault/Configuration, Activity, Link, Serial Transmit Data, Serial Receive Data
- SNMP, serial, Telnet, and HTTP (web browser)
- Ethernet: 1500 Vrms
- Serial: 2000 Vrms
- Input: 9 to 30VDC/9-24VAC, 3W maximum
- Connector: Screw terminals for power and ground
- Environmental (Operating):
- Temperature: 0° to 60°C (32° to 140°F)
- Humidity: 20% to 90% RH, non-condensing
- Mounting: DIN-rail (35 mm)
- Material: High-impact plastic
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 6.09 x 3.55 x 8.8 cm (2.4 x 1.4 x 3.5 in)
- Agency Approvals:
- UL, CSA,TUV, FCC, CE
- Included Windows® 95/98/ME/NT/2000-based configuration software simplifies initial setup
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 18.7 x 22.9 x 11.1 cm (7.375 x 9.0 x 4.375 in)