A Brief Introduction to the Silicon Motion Osprey Visual IoT Embedded Solution
The Silicon Motion Osprey Visual IoT provides a product-ready platform for connected display devices requiring small form factor and low power consumption. A multitude of smart infrastructure devices can be created with the dual full HD display capability of the SM750 embedded graphics coupled with the reliable Ferri-eMMC storage solution.
The platform provides a robust set of standard I/O and interfaces such as Ethernet, USB Host, USB Client, UART, SPI, I2C, and GPIOs. The SM750 embedded graphics enables multiple displays, and Ferri-eMMC provides best in class performance with industry compliance to eMMC/JEDEC 4.5.
The Osprey IoT platform design kit comes with reference board, schematics, layout files, data sheets, and application notes for SM750 and Ferri-eMMC. SM750 drivers and DDK are also included.
- Application Processor: Intel Quark SoC
- X1000 - Pentium ISA compatible 32-bit Intel Quark
- Single-core, single thread processor based on Intel architecture, running at 400 MHz.
- Graphics Engine: SM750 LynxExp Embedded Graphics Processor
- Supports dual display up to Full-HD resolution
- Storage: Ferri-eMMC single-package embedded memory
- Fully compliant with JEDEC-standard eMMC 4.5
- Advanced ECC management, wear leveling and DataRefresh features to offer the best data retention and the most robust protection against read disturbance
- Advanced system level protection against unstable power to deliver robust data protection
- I/O Peripherals
- USB2.0 Host with 4-port Hub, USB2.0 Client, UART, I2C, SPI, GPIO, Ethernet 10/100, ZV Port for video capture, JTAG
- Display Interface
- Dual Display: Dual Analog CRT outputs
- HDMI/DVI digital video
- Supports single display up to 1920x1200 or dual display up to 1920x1080 (Full HD)
- Audio Support
- Stereo Audio Output
- Microphone/Audio Line Input
- Software Support
- Linux Yocto / Ubuntu drivers
- Linux Userful Multi-Seat
- Windows Embedded
For more information about Silicon Motion and the Osprey Visual IoT Platform, call Symmetry at (310) 536-6190 or contact us online.
Sign up to get tech news, product updates and store promos from Symmetry Electronics.Subscribe