The ultimate guide to maximizing your BLE and Bluetooth 5 data throughput - From Nordic Semiconductor
Written by Mohammad Afaneh from Nordic Semiconductor
In my 2nd blog post in the series on Bluetooth 5, I go over one of the main features of Bluetooth 5: 2x speed.
The advertised 2x speed of Bluetooth 5 is great! BUT, what does that even mean? Is it 2x "1 Mbps" = 2 Mbps? Is that even achievable in terms of your application data throughput? How do you optimize for maximum throughput? How does it affect power consumption?
There are at least a few variables that determine your application throughout. In this blog post, I put them all in one list, explain each of them, and then detail how each affects the data throughput. The goal is to have a complete resource that you can refer to when designing for maximum data throughput.
The following topics are covered:
- What’s the practical throughput you can expect from BLE?
- Bluetooth 5’s new 2M PHY for data transfer
- What are the factors that impact and determine the data throughput?
- How do you calculate your application data throughput?
- How do you maximize your data throughput?
- Testing, measuring, and calculating data throughput using two nRF52 series development kits
Read the blog post here:
Hope you find it useful! If you do, don't forget to sign up for my newsletter as well at my main website at http://www.novelbits.io to stay updated with new content and blog posts.
If you enjoy my blog and content, sign up HERE to stay updated on the progress of my upcoming e-book titled "Bluetooth 5 & Bluetooth Low Energy: A Developer's Guide", including FREE sample content when it becomes available!
Sign up to get tech news, product updates and store promos from Symmetry Electronics.Subscribe