Symmetry Electronics Attends Digi IoT Conference 2018 as Silver Sponsor | Symmetry Blog
Digi International®, (NASDAQ: DGII, www.digi.com), a leading global provider of Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services, is hosting its Global IoT Conference on May 22, 2018 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Digi’s Global IoT conference gathers a select group of business executives, engineering leaders, IoT practitioners, and solution developers to discuss what the future holds for IoT technology and applications.
The conference is an invitation-only event. Symmetry Electronics is attending the event as a Silver Sponsor.
Presentations and Demonstrations Include:
- Keynote Session: Lessons for Long-life in the IoT, By Timothy Chou, Stanford Lecturer and author of Precision: Principles, Practices, and Solutions for the Internet of Things
- AWS presentation: What is Edge Compute in the Age of the Cloud? by Joseph Zaloker, Global Segment Leader IoT, Amazon Web Services. Presentation will focus on bringing intelligence to the next generation of technology, and the demands on existing IT infrastructures.
- Kimberly-Clark presentation: Beyond the Proof of Concept - IoT Commercialization from the Ground Up, by Stephen Becker, Global Leader - Technology & Systems Integration, Kimberly-Clark. Presentation will focus on how a leading consumer product and goods company, Kimberly-Clark, brought to market an IoT solution that revolutionized the way commercial washrooms are operated and serviced.
- Marriot Hotels presentation: Smart Solutions for Brand Protection, by Douglas Davis, Senior Director Global Food Safety, Marriott International. Presentation will focus on how a leading hospitality brand known for providing an exceptional guest experience approached and deployed its comprehensive, IoT-enabled food safety program across global properties.
The Digi IoT Zone:
- Digi, Digi customers and sponsors will present interactive demos. Several including:
- SmartSense by Digi will also provide demonstrations in the IoT Zone, showcasing its IoT solutions for the pharmaceutical and food industries, and in supply chain and facility management.
- Digi products will have numerous demos of its new technology including Digi XBee3™. Overall capabilities to be highlighted include programmability and network edge intelligence. Special sessions include Digi XBee3 Cellular as a local temperature controller and wireless interface in HVAC IoT solutions. Additionally, a natural disaster relief medical response center demo will show how emergency and field hospitals can continuously monitor vital signs of patients and raise alerts for rapid response teams as required.
Why partner with Symmetry Electronics? Symmetry's technical staff is specially trained by our suppliers to provide a comprehensive level of technical support. Our in-house Applications Engineers provide free design services to help customers early in the design cycle, providing solutions to save them time, money and frustration. Contact Symmetry for more information.
Sign up to get tech news, product updates and store promos from Symmetry Electronics.Subscribe