The Best Waterproof Speakers for Industrial Applications | Symmetry Blog
Designing for industrial applications require special considerations. If the application needs sound, as many applications do, then it is important to consider all the different situations that the application can find itself in the industrial environment. One particular factor that is a must for these type of applications is waterproofing, and making sure your design includes waterproof parts can make a difference for the consumer.
Take for example applications that must fight against the elements. As harsh environments introduce moisture and water into the system, a waterproof speaker helps ensure that the user can still hear any audio safety prompts or warnings coming from the device.
Although not every application is mission-critical, every application can benefit from a durable waterproof speaker. For many devices, once the speaker goes out, the rest of the device can not function properly.
Luckily, DB Unlimited offers the industry standard when it comes to highly durable speakers. Their new IP67 Series Speakers provide high-quality waterproof speakers for any industrial application. Keep reading to learn about the 67 Series.
DB Unlimited’s 67 Series Waterproof Speakers keep it out of your product.
DB Unlimited understands it isn’t just about keeping sand and surf out of a portable speaker during a day of fun in the sun.
- It’s about first-responders having clear communications regardless of the environment when they answer the call.
- It’s about lifesaving medical equipment providing clear feedback and alarms without wipe-down procedures damaging the speaker or letting liquid inside the device.
- It’s about heavy equipment operators being able to count on their warning devices working after being sprayed down and that mud and water haven’t damaged internal electronics.
DB Unlimited’s 67 Series Waterproof Speakers are specifically designed and manufactured to provide IP67 protection. Not only will they survive and operate normally after being exposed to splashes, spills and sprays, DB’s 67 Series will keep dust, water and pretty much anything else Nature can come up with, out of your product.
Whether it is from condensation, precipitation, perspiration or even submersion, DB Unlimited’s 67 Series Waterproof Speakers will keep the water out of your product.
The 67 Series’ starting line-up includes 4Ω and 8Ω speakers, ranging from 18mm to 44mm. They come in round, rectangle and oval frames; with and without mounting flanges. Supporting frequencies as low as 300Hz, DB Unlimited’s 67 Series speakers are suitable for virtually every audio application requiring water resistance.
DB Unlimited provides world-class audio solutions to maximize customer designs and help solve engineering design challenges, with a strong focus on providing industry-leading customer service and customer support tools.
What does DB Unlimited offer?
- Sizes from 10mm to 306mm
- Dynamic and Piezo
- Micro, Standard, High Heat and Waterproof Versions Available
- Sizes from 3mm to 9.7mm
- MEMS and Electret Condenser
- Surface Mount, Thru Hole and Flush Mounting Types
- Sizes from 6.5mm to 50mm
- Electro-Mechanical and Piezo
- Bracket, Flange, Flush, Panel, Surface and Thru Hole Mounting Types
- Sizes from 5mm to 45mm
- Electro-Mechanical and Piezo
- Flange, Flush, Surface and Thru Hole Mounting Types
- Sizes 6.5mm to 50mm
- With and Without Feedback Circuits
- Customizable with Various Connection Methods
- From Value Add to Full Custom Design
- Exceptional Quick Turn Time
- Designed and Manufactured to Meet Your Needs
DB Unlimited is the world leading audio solutions provider committed to maximizing customer designs and helping solve engineering design challenges. Their 40 years of industry experience has resulted in the most comprehensive offering of acoustic components in the industry. They offer a vast array of innovative technical resources and as part of their dedication to industry leading customer service, they partner with the best local representatives and distributors, ensuring their customers of truly UNLIMITED possibilities, regardless if they are down the street or across the globe.
Looking to integrate DB Unlimited products with your design? Our Applications Engineers offer free design and technical help for your latest designs. Contact us today!
Why partner with Symmetry Electronics? Symmetry's technical staff is specially trained by our suppliers to provide a comprehensive level of technical support. Our in-house Applications Engineers provide free design services to help customers early in the design cycle, providing solutions to save them time, money and frustration. Contact Symmetry for more information.
Sign up to get tech news, product updates and store promos from Symmetry Electronics.Subscribe