The GS2011M module provides a quick, easy, and cost effective way for device and appliance manufacturers to add Wi-Fi connectivity to their products. The module provides a high speed serial interface connection to an embedded design built on an 8/16/32-bit microcontroller, achieving up to 40 Mbps throughput over an SDIO interface.
The GS2011M is an ideal solution for organizations with limited WiFi or RF expertise or for those seeking faster time to market, as it reduces RF design time and removes the burden of testing and certification. The module is IEEE 802.11b/g/n compliant, and meets worldwide regulatory and Wi-Fi Alliance certification requirements.
The module includes two analog to digital converter (ADC) pins for connecting energy measurement and other sensors. It runs the full Wi-Fi and TCP/IP networking stacks on module, completely offloading the host microcontroller. The module supports a complete suite of security protocols, also without tasking the host microcontroller, including WPA/WPA2-Enteprise and Personal security modes, legacy WEP encryption, and upper layer security protocols such as TLS/SSL and HTTPs. Alternatively, it can be run self-contained without a host.
For ease of provisioning, the module can be set up simply and easily from a smartphone or laptop through the innovative Limited AP mode or with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
• Adds low power, high speed Wi-Fi and Internet connectivity to any device with a microcontroller and serial host interface
• Certified module reduces development time, testing, and certification, accelerating time to market
• Easy upgrade path: footprint and pin compatible with GS1011M and GS1500M modules
• Full offload solution minimizes load on host processor
• Easy smartphone provisioning with Limited AP or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
• Ultra low power consumption through dynamic power management modes
o Standby, Sleep, Deep Sleep
• Extended range
Symmetry Electronics (and its e-commerce division: SemiconductorStore.com) is an authorized GainSpan distributor.