The GainSpan GS2200MIZ is an extremely small foot print fully integrated Wi-Fi module that provides a quick, easy, and cost effective way for manufacturers to add Wi-Fi connectivity to their products. Intended for a variety of size constrained applications, the ~250 sq. mm module has an integrated chip antenna, 4MB FLASH, industry leading SRAM resources, a high bit-rate 16-bit sigma-delta ADC, 12-bit ADC, and 19 GPIO supporting most industry standard interfaces.
This module provides a small footprint, low cost, high speed serial to Wi-Fi connection to an embedded design built on an 8/16/32-bit microcontroller, through an SDIO, SPI or UART interface.
The GS2200MIZ is an ideal solution for organizations with limited Wi-Fi or RF expertise or for those seeking faster time to market, as it reduces RF design time and removes the burden of testing and certification. The module is IEEE 802.11b/g/n compliant, and meets worldwide regulatory and Wi-Fi Alliance certification requirements.
The module runs the full Wi-Fi and TCP/IP networking stacks, completely offloading the host microcontroller. It supports a complete suite of security protocols, also without tasking the host microcontroller, including WPA/WPA2-Enteprise and Personal security modes, legacy WEP encryption, and upper layer security protocols such as TLS/SS and HTTPs. Alternatively, it can be run self-contained without a host. For ease of provisioning, the module can be set up simply and easily from a smartphone or laptop through the innovative Limited AP mode or with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
The module is single sided with solder pads on the bottom for the I/O and PWR/GND connections for soldering down on the product’s baseboard.
• Extremely compact for size constrained applications
• Adds low power, high speed Wi-Fi and Internet connectivity to any device with a microcontroller and serial host interface
• Certified module reduces development time, testing and certification, accelerating time to market
• Full offload solution minimizes load on host processor
• Easy smartphone provisioning with Limited AP or Wi-Fi Protected Set-up (WPS)
• Ultra-Low power consumption through dynamic power management modes and optional off module DC to DC components