The GainSpan Software Development Kit (SDK) Mrk II enables firmware engineers to extend middleware software provided by GainSpan or develop embedded applications for the GS1011.
This SDK contains a development board with GS1011MEE module, embedded software (source/binary code), configuration management system, firmware update system, networking middleware, RTOS, device drivers, an integrated development environment (IDE) and JTAG hardware. Two SDK options are available: Basic and Professional SDKs.
With the professional SDK, software development teams have access to source code for the GainSpan embedded software and can design and run highly custom applications for GS1011 SoC and GS1011 modules. Software engineers may use, and modify, sample applications as a baseline for new applications. With most of the GEPS software available in source, software engineers can scale-down the binary size as necessary.
With the basic SDK, software development teams can expand embedded web pages for device specific configuration (GainSpan provides Wi-Fi and IP network configuration pages) and expand the Serial to Wi-Fi interface software for custom APIs. Software engineers may extend basic capabilities of the firmware on the GS1011 Modules.
GainSpan development board contains the GS1011MEE, Wi-Fi subsystem and connectors to integrate with a host MCU board or with board-level components like sensors. This enables engineering teams to start software development against functional HW prior to the availability of custom boards.
• Serial DB9 (2) for terminal program, MCU connection (via UART) with AT command set and/or debug output
• JTAG connector for single-step debugging of embedded firmware and custom device drivers
• Headers for UART and SPI interfaces
• Headers for access to GS1011MEE modules pins
• External reset button to simulate external reset signal
• Push button for Factory Restore from External Flash
• Alarm 1 & Alarm 2 buttons to simulate external wake-up signals
• Flash programming
• SPI/UART select
• JTAG enable/disable
• 3 user-defined
• Dedicated power indicator
• Temperature and light sensors
Symmetry Electronics (and its e-commerce division: SemiconductorStore.com) is an authorized GainSpan distributor.