GainSpan IOT Controller ADK serves as an “ALWAYS ON” gateway software to bridge low power Wi-Fi embedded devices, smartphone and the cloud.
Key advantages for the IOT Controller ADK include:
• IOT Controller ADK enables the lowest system power consumption for sleepy devices.
• Enhances the user experience by serving as a bridge between multiple sensor /embedded devices, smartphone and the cloud.
• Aggregates data to the cloud simplifying the interface to cloud services.
• Works seamlessly with existing access points / gateways in the home.
• IOT Controller can be ported on Android gateways; routers / access points; PCs or tablets.
• Reference implementation enabling fast time-to-market for customers.Reference Implementation
Version 1.0 of the reference implementation interfaces with GainSpan GS2000 TLS ADK using the API’s exposed by the ADK. The implementation features zero configuration service discovery enabling easy setup and configuration.
The IOT Controller software uses the Restlet framework and is implemented in a Java2 Standard Edition runtime environment on PC / Android platforms.
The ADK also includes mobile apps allowing the user to monitor the devices connected to the gateway, manage the user accounts, and perform other administration functions.
The key software components include:
• IOT Controller / Gateway software
• GS2000 embedded software / API
• Dashboard administration app
• Device monitoring app
Symmetry Electronics (and its e-commerce division: SemiconductorStore.com) is an authorized GainSpan distributor.