The GS1011M EVK Mrk II Evaluation Kit provides customers the means to evaluate capabilities of the GS1011 ultra-low power wireless system-on-a-chip and the Serial-to-WiFi embedded software for Wi-Fi networks. The Serial-to-WiFi embedded software allows devices and appliances manufacturers to easily add Wi-Fi capabilities to their products with minimal impact on host microcontroller firmware.
The GS1011M EVK Mrk II Evaluation Kit provides all the hardware and software necessary to quickly set up a serial (UART or SPI) based link to a PC or external microcontroller. In order to evaluate the ease of adding secure Wi-Fi communications to a product using the GainSpan AT command set, the kit includes all the software tools necessary for configuration of Serial-to-Wi-Fi and GS1011M modules, data transfer using “AT” command-set and protocol analyzer for validation of packet & frame fields. For additional details on the module features, please refer to the GS1011M module product briefs.
Evaluation Kit Contents:
- One GS1011M evaluation board with a serial to Wi-Fi application
- Two 1.5V AA lithium batteries
- One USB-to-serial cables for node provisioning and configuration via PC
- One preconfigured 802.11b/g Access point
- One USB memory stick containing GainSpan software and documentation