The MP3372 is a synchronous boost converter with eight current channels designed to drive WLED arrays for LCD panels in tablets and notebook backlighting applications.
The MP3372 uses peak current mode and pulse-width modulation (PWM) control to regulate the boost converter. The device employs a standard I2C digital interface to set the operation mode, switching frequency, full-scale current, synchronous or asynchronous mode, dimming mode and duty, and various protection thresholds.
The MP3372 features high efficiency due to the low headroom voltage for LED regulation and the switching MOSFET’s small on resistance. The synchronous rectifier saves PCB size and total BOM cost.
The MP3372 is available in a QFN-24 (4mmx4mm) package.
- Highly integrated to save BOM cost and PCB size
- Variety of dimming methods and good dimming performance (10000:1 dimming ratio at 100Hz)
- LED open/short, inductor/diode short, OTP, adjacent pin short protections
- I2C for flexible application
- Phase shift to reduce audible noise
- Auto-switching function to boost the efficiency at light load (MP3372)