The AMD Opteron™ 6100 Series processor is the industry’s firs high-performing 8-core embedded processor that addresses the demanding needs of embedded enterprise markets including telecommunications, storage, network security, and medical imaging. These applications require a high performance, balancedsystem architecture – and the AMD Opteron 6100 Series processor is designed to meet the need.
Delivering high-performance throughput for data communication systems requires high memory bandwidth to manage the router tables and exceptional I/O bandwidth to deliver the network payload. The AMD Opteron 6100 Series processor is the only processor with 4 channels of DDR3 memory and up to 12 DIMMsper CPU for the highest available memory bandwidth – peak 42.7GB/s at DDR3-1333.
AMD’s Direct Connect Architecture 2.0 continues to deliver a balanced approach to raw processing power, memory performance, I/O throughput, power efficienc, and scalability. The AMD Opteron 6100 Series processor is fully software and virtualization compatible with previous generation AMD Opteron processors and adds new features to innovations like AMD Virtualization™ technology, which can help customers maximize embedded system efficienc, security and provide new innovative embedded system architectures. Performance enhancements like HT Assist technology help improve inter-processor communications via more efficient probes for improved multiprocessor performance. And Direct Connect Architecture 2.0 enables several new power conservation features.
Dual Dynamic Power Management (DDPM)
- Allows for independent voltage control between the CPU cores and memory controller
- Optimizes memory bandwidth to help improve system performance
- Helps reduce system power consumption and heat generation
- Designed to reduce processor energy consumption by turning off unused parts of the processor
- Helps reduce power and cooling costs by lowering the energy consumption of the platform design