APx4 by Bluegiga is a small form factor, low power system-on-module that includes the latest wireless connectivity standards: 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0. APx4 is based on Freescale's i.MX28 processor family and runs an embedded Linux operating system based on the Yocto ProjectTM. In addition to integrating the 454MHz ARM9 processor, the wireless connectivity technologies, Linux operating system the APx4 also includes with several built in applications, such as the 802.11 and Bluetooth 4.0 stacks, Continua v.1.5 compliant IEEE manager and many more. This combination provides an ideal platform for designing multi-radio wireless gateways that enables fast time-to-market and minimum R&D risks.
The Bluegiga APx4 software can be easily extended or tailored customizing the Linux operating system with applications. The motherboards for the APx4 can be easily extended to include almost anything from 3G modems to Ethernet and audio interfaces to and touch screen displays.
The Bluegiga APx4 is an ideal product for applications requiring wireless or wired connectivity technologies and the processing power of the ARM9 processor, such as health and fitness gateways, building and home automation gateways, M2M, point-of-sale and industrial connectivity.
Fully integrated wireless system on a module:
- Low development costs
- Fast time-to-market: shortens development time by twelve months
- Reduced R&D risks
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 802.11 b/g/n with access point mode
- Seamless Bluetooth and Wi-Fi co-existence
- Fast software development
- Enables reusing existing applications
- Open source, free development tools
- Community support
Built-in Bluegiga applications:
- Faster development
- Proven, maintained and supported applications
- Supports a range of applications
- Supports a range of technologies
A qualified solution:
- Proven interoperability
- Minimal qualification costs
- Faster time-to-market