For new designs, the Cmedia CM6533 is highly reomended. The CM6533 integrates FLASH and Xtal which reduces BOM cost.
CM6502B is a USB 2.0 audio chip builds in 8051 for flexible applications. With internal 2-channel ADC and DAC and S/PDIF interface makes it suits for Headset, Docking, Speaker and Mic applications. The internal 8051 can be also developed to a lot of different applications, such as Lync device, iDevice docking or even Android Phone or Tablet/Slate docking device.
CM6502B is compatible with USB audio Class 1.0, thus it can plug & play without additional software installation on the major operation systems. The internal DAC/ADC and S/PDIF out interface support 48K/44.1KHz sampling rate and 16bit resolution. CM6502 integrates the Equalizer on both playback and recording paths to compensate the frequency response of mic and headphone.
• USB 2.0 full-speed compliant
• USB Audio Class 1.0 compliant
• USB Human Interface Device (HID) Class 1.1 compliant
• 2 channel DAC for audio output interface
• 2 channel ADC for audio input interface
• Support Digital Mic interface
• Build in 48K/44.1KHz and 16bit S/PDIF transmitter
• Build in Equalizer on both playback and recording paths
• Build in AGC on recording path
• Support USB suspend/resume/reset functions
• Support control, interrupt, bulk, and isochronous data transfers
• Embedded 1T 8051
• Master I2C control interface for external audio devices or EEPROM access
• 14 GPIO pins
Symmetry Electronics (and its e-commerce division: SemiconductorStore.com) is an authorized Cmedia distributor.