The ALC5623 is a highly-integrated I2S/PCM interface audio codec with multiple input/output ports and is designed for mobile computing and communications. It provides a Stereo Hi-Fi DAC for playback and Stereo ADC for recording via the I2S/PCM interface.
To reduce component count, the device can connect directly to:
• MONO or stereo differential analog inputs
• LINE_IN stereo Single-Ended analog inputs
• AUX_IN Single-Ended analog inputs
• Stereo Headphone output
• Single-end stereo configurable to AUXOUT or BTL MONO_OUT
• Stereo LINE_OUT Single Ended or Bridge-Tied Load (BTL) configurable
Multiple analog input and output pins are provided for seamless integration with analog connected wireless communication devices. Differential input/output connections efficiently reduce noise interference, providing better sound quality. Additionally, a flexible hardware 5-band equalizer with configurable gain, bandwidth, and center frequency, enriches the sound experience.
The ALC5623 AVDD operates at supply voltages from 2.3V to 3.6V. DVDD operates from 1.71V to 3.6V. To extend battery life, each section of the device can be powered down individually under software control. Leakage current in maximum power saving state is less than 10µA.
The ALC5623 is available in a 5x5mm ‘Green’ QFN-32 package, making it ideal for use in handheld portable systems.
• Tablet PC system/Ultra-Mobile PC (UMPC)
• Personal Digital Assistants (PDA) or PDA Phone
• Multimedia Phone Applications
• Portable Navigation Device (PND)
• Bluetooth Headphone
Symmetry Electronics (and its e-commerce division: SemiconductorStore.com) is an authorized Realtek distributor.