Jupiter SL871-S is designed to for compliance with GPS and QZSS constellations as well as poin-to-pin compatibility with its GNSS companion module SL871.
• The SL871 is packaged in a 9.7 x 10.1 mm LCC package with an ARM7 baseband processor, embedded ROM memory, integrated LNA and provides the positioning data though standard UART.
• Its ultra-sensitive RF frontend allows superior navigation performances in challenging scenarios with a power consumption significantly low.
• The Jupiter SL871-S supports ephemeris file injection (A-GPS) as well as Satellite Based Augmentation System(SBAS) to increase position accuracy.
• The Jupiter SL871-S features extreme low power consumption in all conditions and is particularly oriented to long battery life applications.
• SL871-S has been designed to ensure HW and SW compatibility with SL871 allowing customer to design once and take advantage from the xL871 common form factor.
Our positioning product portfolio is the result of over twenty years of experience in GNSS applications. Telit has developed a range of products compatible with the well-known GPS constellation as well as its Russian counterpart GLONASS.
Moreover, our portfolio is fully aligned with the upcoming service launch of Europe's Galileo constellation. Valuable features such as Dead Reckoning, Precision Timing, as well as speed and reliability assured by multi-constellation coverage, provide additional benefits for your application. Your application development effort can also benefit significantly from the seamless integration between Telit's 2G cellular and positioning modules. This bundling of cellular and positioning modules significantly reduces development complexity without adding costs. Multi-constellation positioning products applied together with our eCall/ERA-GLONASS compliant cellular modules bring you ready-to-use emergency automotive tracking solutions for the European and Russian markets.
Typical applications include fleet management systems, European GPS-assisted road tolling systems, cellular base stations, in-car navigation systems, automotive telematics systems, and GPS-based personal sports training monitors.
Symmetry Electronics (and its e-commerce division: SemiconductorStore.com) is an authorized Telit distributor.