The MultiConnect® mDot™ EVB is a portable, LoRa® end-point device that simplifies and speeds up LoRa proof of concept development. It has been designed to assist OEMs & Enterprises quickly determine if LoRa is the right technology to solve key industrial IoT issues: how to effectively connect to, and manage, thousands of assets and sensors in the field to meet the cost, performance and strategic needs of the business. With the mDot EVB, users can quickly obtain and evaluate data to see how LoRa technology performs in their unique IoT application. Customizable through ARM® mbed and easy to use, the mDot EVB enables users to make data driven decisions about the fit of LoRa for their use cases.
The mDot EVB features the MultiConnect® mDot™, a low cost programmable LoRaWAN™ ready module, mounted on an application board with an LCD screen for displaying menu and device navigation information as well as network, test mode and sensor status data. Two push button controls are also included providing menu navigation functions and one LED for displaying network GPS status. The mDot EVB also has several built in sensors showing temperature, ambient light, pressure, electrical current and a 3-Axis accelerometer. This versatile development tool can be used purely as a communications device or programmed with a custom application using the integrated ARM mbed Enabled™ programmable MultiConnect mDot. The mDot EVB was developed to work with any LoRaWAN compliant gateway, including MultiTech’s MultiConnect® Conduit™, the industry’s most configurable, manageable, and scalable communications gateway
- Quickly develop and test LoRa proof of concepts without the need for heavy configuration or embedded design skills
- Measure LoRa distance and building penetration performance for line of sight or urban/obstructed use cases
- View LoRa IoT application data your way – in the Cloud, on the gateway or export directly to your laptop
- LCD screen displays menu options, test mode data as well as sensor data
- Flexibility to operate with any LoRaWAN 1.0.1 compliant gateway
- Supports the European 868 MHz and North America/AU 915 MHz ISM bands