The MultiConnect mDot is a programmable, long-range RF module that provides encrypted data connectivity to sensors, industrial equipment, and remote appliances. By using LoRa™ Long Range Spread Spectrum technology, bidirectional data communication can be maintained for distances up to 5 miles/8 km line of sight, deep into buildings, or within noisy environments* using the unlicensed ISM bands in North America, Europe and worldwide.
mDot simplifies local connectivity for Internet of Things (IoT) applications. The mDot features an integrated ARM® Cortex® -M4 processor and mbedTM compatible software library for developers to control, monitor and bring edge intelligence to their Internet of Things (IoT) applications. *Actual distance depends on conditions, configuration, antennas, desired throughput, and usage frequency. In dense urban environments, a typical range is 1-2 miles.
- Quickly develop and test LoRa proof of concepts without the need for heavy configuration or embedded design skills
- Measure LoRa distance and building penetration performance for line of sight or urban/obstructed use cases
- View LoRa IoT application data your way – in the Cloud, on the gateway or export directly to your laptop
- LCD screen displays menu options, test mode data as well as sensor data
- Flexibility to operate with any LoRaWAN 1.0.1 compliant gateway
- Supports the European 868 MHz and North America/AU 915 MHz ISM bands