The 115xOPT-EXP-EVB makes it easy to evaluate all of the basic optical sensor types that Silicon Labs supplies, including: Basic Proximity (Prox) and Ambient Light Sensing (ALS), Gestures, Ultraviolent (UV) light sensing, Long Range Proximity and Optimized Daylight Proximity.
The optical sensor expansion board is designed to allow customers to evaluate the Si1133 UV/ALS sensor and other Si1153 sensors. A list of these sensors and their capabilities follows:
• UV/ALS—Si1133 sensor mounted with a demonstration light diffuser assembly.
• Long Range Proximity—Si1153-AA09 2X2 mm proximity sensing chip with an ondie 940 nm bandpass filter for sunlight immunity. The Board demonstrates the use of a 5 mm dia. lens and arrow-angle LED.
• Sunlight Immune Proximity Module—Si1153-AA09, 2.85 x 4.9 mm proximity sensing module with an on-die 940 nm bandpass filter for sunlight immunity and an integrated 940 nm LED.
• Proximity/ALS—Si1153-AA00, 2 x 2 mm light sensor chip. The Board uses a single 850 nm LED for demonstration purposes.
• Gesture/ALS—Si1153-AA00, 2 x 2 mm light sensor chip. The Board uses three 850 nm LEDs spaced roughly 50 mm apart for demonstration purposes.
The optical sensor expansion board is designed to allow customers to connect to the sensors using two methods:
• Silicon Labs EFM series of EVBs with an expansion ports. e.g. EFM32WG-STK3800 (Wonder Gecko) or EFM32ZG-STK3200 Zero Gecko Starter Kits
• USB connectivity via the Optical Sensors Programmers Toolkit Note: Simplicity Studio sample code will be available in Q2 2016.
The evaluation kit includes: