XBee and XBee-PRO ZigBee RF modules provide costeffective wireless connectivity to electronic devices. They are interoperable with other ZigBee PRO feature set devices, including devices from other vendors*.
XBee and XBee-PRO ZigBee modules are ideal for applications in the energy and controls markets where manufacturing efficiencies are critical. The Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) provides a high-speed interface and optimizes integration with embedded microcontrollers, lowering development costs and reducing time to market.
Products in the XBee family require little to no configuration or additional development. Programmable versions of the XBee and XBee-PRO ZigBee module make customizing applications easy. Programming directly on the module eliminates the need for a separate processor. Because the wireless software is isolated, applications can be developed with no risk to RF performance or security.
Digi’s ZigBee compatible module is based on the Ember EM35x (EM357 and EM3587) system on chip (SoC) radio ICs from SiliconLabs, utilizing 32-bit ARM Cortex™ M3 processor. The S2D EM3587 version has a larger memory footprint for customers who may want to upgrade to Thread, an IPv6 based networking stack. BENEFITS
- Programmable versions with on-board microprocessor enable custom ZigBee application development
- Through-Hole and Surface Mount form factors enable flexible design options
- Link budgets of 110 dB for XBee and 119 dB for XBee-PRO
- Industry-leading sleep current
- Firmware upgrades via UART, SPI or over the air (OTA)
- Thread updatable on the S2D EM3587 variant for maximum flexibility