The XTend OEM RF module provides unprecedented range in a low-cost wireless data solution. The module is easy to use, requires minimal power, provides reliable delivery of critical data between devices and is now available in the even smaller XBee Surface Mount form factor to save valuable PCB space.
The XTend module utilizes FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum) agility to avoid interference by hopping to a new frequency on every packet transmission or re-transmission. Its transmit power is software adjustable from 100 mW to 1 W—the maximum output power allowable by governments that use 900 MHz as a license-free band. The XTend module is approved for use in the United States, Canada, Australia and other countries (contact Digi for a complete listing).
Innovations stamped in its design enable the XTend module to supply two- to eight-times the range of other modules operating within the unlicensed 900 MHz frequency band. The range gained by OEMs and integrators is due to proprietary technologies embedded into each module, including superior RX (receiver) sensitivity, interference immunity, modulation/demodulation techniques and others. BENEFITS
- Indoor/urban range up to 1000 feet
- Outdoor line-of-sight range up to 40 miles (with high gain antenna)
- Outstanding receiver sensitivity (-110 dBm @ 9600 bps)
- Peer-to-peer, point-to-multipoint, repeater and DigiMesh networking topologies
- Adjustable power output from 100 mW to 1 W; up to 4 W EIRP (with 6 dBi antenna)
- Available in the XTend and XBee SMT form factors