Introducing the New CrossLink™ Solution
- Bridging the Connectivity Gap
Lattice Semiconductor has developed CrossLink™, the first programmable Application Specific Standard Product (pASSP™) interface bridge that supports leading protocols for mobile image sensors and displays.
The CrossLink device combines the flexibility and fast time to market of an FPGA with the power and functional optimization of an ASSP to create a new product class called programmable ASSP (pASSP) that delivers the best of both worlds. As the first solution in this category, the CrossLink device is a low cost video interface bridge with the highest bandwidth, lowest power and smallest footprint. This makes it the optimal solution for applications that can range from virtual reality (VR) headsets, drones and DSLR cameras to smartphones, tablets and wearable devices.
The key to the CrossLink device’s potential is its comprehensive feature set. This new device sets the bar in performance as the industry’s fastest MIPI D-PHY bridging solution supporting speeds up to 12 Gbps. To maximize designer flexibility this revolutionary new device supports a wide range of interfaces and protocols including MIPI D-PHY, MIPI CSI-2, MIPI DSI as well as a long list of legacy video interfaces and protocols such as CMOS , RGB, MIPI DPI, MIPI DBI, SubLVDS, SLVS, LVDS and OpenLDI. Rapid development and performance evaluation
– Allows interfacing between CrossLink and high speed video interfaces as well as lower speed peripheral control. Demonstrate video interfacing
– Each SMA I/O Link board contains 10 SMAs for connectivity to source synchronous interfaces with 4 data lanes and 1 clock lane. Enable peripheral controls
– Interface to low-speed peripherals of image sensors and displays such as I2C and SPI. Develop general purpose I/O for clock distribution, sensor triggering and power sequencing. Features
- I/O Link Boards for use with Lattice LIF-MD6000 Master Link Board for SMA or low speed peripheral connections
- Contains one SMA board and one .1” header board