The EFM8 Universal Bee 3 or UB3 is a full speed USB 2.0 MCU with a large set of integrated peripherals. It reduces the BOM cost of USB system with integrated oscilator, dead battery support, low power modes, and more. The UB3 is an 8051 8-bit MCU with 40kB flash, 3kB of RAM, 12-bit ADC, 6 timers, configurable logic units, and many more peripherals.
The EFM8UB3, part of the Universal Bee family of MCUs, is a multi-purpose line of 8-bit microcontrollers with USB feature set in small packages. These devices offer high value by integrating an innovative energy-smart USB peripheral interface, charger detect circuit, 8 kV ESD protection, and enhanced high speed communication interfaces into small packages, making them ideal for space-constrained USB applications. With an efficient 8051 core and precision analog, the EFM8UB3 family is also optimal for embedded applications.
- Pipelined 8-bit C8051 core with 48 MHz maximum operating frequency
- Up to 17 multifunction I/O pins
- Low Energy USB with full- and low-speed support saves up to 90% of the USB energy
- USB charger detect circuit (USB-BCS 1.2 compliant)
- One 12-bit ADC and two analog comparators with internal voltage DAC as reference input
- Six 16-bit timers
- UART and SMBus master/slave
- Priority crossbar for flexible pin mapping
EFM8UB3 applications include the following:
- USB I/O controls
- Docking stations/USB hubs
- Consumer electronics
- USB Type-C converters
- USB Type-C billboard/alternate mode