The nRF9160 Development Kit (DK) is a versatile single board development kit for cellular IoT development with LTE-M and NB-IoT and GPS functionality using the nRF9160 System-in-Package (SiP).
The kit is hardware compatible with the Arduino Uno Revision 3 standard, making it possible to use 3rd-party shields that are compatible to this standard. The kit allows access to all I/O and interfaces via connectors and has 4 LEDs, 2 buttons and 2 switches which are user-programmable.
The nRF9160 DK also has a 4FF SIM card slot for connecting the nRF9160 SiP to a cellular network. In the nRF9160 DK a data roaming eSIM card from iBasis preloaded with 10MB of data is included. This card can be used for LTE-M access. Please check www.nordicsemi.com for supported countries / networks.
The nRF9160 SiP features a globally compatible LTE modem supporting the following bands:
US: B2, B4, B5, B12, B13
EU/APAC: B3, B8, B20, B28
Please check www.nordicsemi.com for latest information on regional regulatory and other certifications for this board.
Additionally the nRF9160 SiP has an integrated Arm® Cortex™-M33 CPU and features Arm TrustZone and Arm CryptoCell security technology.
The device includes a broad range of digital and analog interfaces and peripherals for single device design possibilities.
The board also features an nRF52840 SoC for Bluetooth® Low Energy, ANT, 802.15.4 and 2.4GHz proprietary applications.
The kit supports the standard Nordic Software Development Tool-chain using Segger Embedded Studio. Program/Debug options on the kits are Segger J-Link OB.
All necessary modem firmware, RTOS and application software is provided to implement a full cellular IoT design. The nRF9160 DK is complemented by nRF® Connect for Cloud which is a cloud based provisioning and test tool for Nordic cellular and Bluetooth devices.
- Affordable, rapid prototyping and development solution for LTE/NB-IoT with nRF9160 SiP
- Integrated LTE-M and NB-IoT modem
- Cellular band support: US: B2, B4, B5, B12, B13. EU/APAC: B3, B8, B20, B28
- Certification: please check www.nordicsemi.com for latest information
- Integrated GPS
- Arm Cortex-M33™ CPU
- Arm TrustZone
- Arm CryptoCell 310 cryptographic accelerator
- Arduino Rev. 3 compatible connector for use with 3rd party shields
- All I/O (32) and interfaces available via connectors
- Segger J-Link OB Program/Debug supported
- Support for Program/Debug of external boards
- USB interface for Power and Program/Debug.
- USB interface for CDC/UART
- SWF RF connector for direct RF measurements
- Pins for power consumption measurements
- 2 x user-programmable buttons
- 2 x user-programmable switches
- 4 x user-programmable LEDs
- Cellular IoT applications
- Logistics and asset tracking
- Smart City
- Smart Infrastructure
- Smart Industry
- Smart Agriculture