The Jupiter SL871 is the representative of a new multi-constellation GNSS module family in the Telit portfolio aiming to be the ideal solution for battery-life sensitive GNSS applications that do not require Dead Reckoning, TRAIM and support of communication ports like USB or CAN bus. The SL871 is designed for global compliance with the whole set of GNSS constellations, either already in place (GPS, QZSS and GLONASS) than under deployment – (Galileo and Compass / BeiDou).
The SL871 is capable of tracking GPS + Galileo and GLONASS (or GPS + Galileo and Compass / BeiDou) constellations simultaneously, providing the positioning data though standard UART.
The SL871 is packaged in a 9.7 x 10.1 mm LCC package with an ARM7 baseband processor, embedded Flash memory and integrated LNA. Its ultra-sensitive RF front-end enables multi-GNSS indoor fix, fast fix and navigation in challenging outdoor scenarios such as dense urban areas.
The Jupiter SL871 supports ephemeris file injection (A-GPS) as well as Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS) to increase position accuracy. Its onboard software engine is able to locally predict ephemeris three days in advance starting from ephemeris data broadcast by GNSS satellites received by the module and stored in the internal Flash memory.
The Jupiter SL871 features extreme low power consumption either in GPS than in multi-constellation tracking in all operational conditions. Additional advanced power modes and A-GPS help in finding the best balance between accuracy and power consumption, significantly increasing the battery life.
• Smallest multi-constellation GNSS module in the Telit portfolio
• Compliant with GPS and GLONASS standards
• Compliant with Compass / BeiDou
• Ready for Galileo
• Ready for GNSS constellations under deployment: QZSS, Galileo and Compass
• Low power processing core delivers current optimized multi-constellation tracking
• Ultra-sensitive -165 dBm (tracking) RF front-end
• Embedded LNA allows use of passive antennas
• Supports ephemeris file injection (A-GPS)
• Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS) compliant
Symmetry Electronics is an authorized Telit distributor.