Please note: This item is available for preorder, we will ship it once it becomes available.
Tentative Ship Date: Late March 2017
With the price and speed users need for IoT applications, NimbeLink’s Skywire™ CAT M embedded modems take full advantage of the modern 4G LTE network. They will replace soon-to-be-discontinued 2G service and, in some applications, Cat 1 modems, also designed for IoT.
Based on the Sequans chipset, the Skywire Cat M modem will be the industry’s first Cat M embedded modems with FCC and carrier-required end-device-certification, eliminating months of testing and tens of thousands of dollars in cost for product developers. Skywire Cat M LTE modems are the smallest in the industry and are compatible with a variety of Skywire development kits and microprocessor shields. Features:
- Industry’s smallest form-factor
- No carrier certification required
- Xbee® standard interface
- Easy migration path makes them future-proof
- 1 U.FL port provides cellular antenna flexibility
- 1 U.FL port provides GPS antenna flexibility
- Requires a UART or USB connection
- Support a wide range of voltages for design flexibility
- Development kits available
- Approvals: FCC, Verizon ODI
- Lowest power cellular technology
- LTE Bands B4(1700), B13(750)