We at SymmetryElectronics.com recognize the importance of our customer’s privacy. We are committed to protecting the information that we collect on-line and to limit its use to only those purposes which we believe will assist us in better serving you, our valued customer. We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute your name, email or any other information you make available to us. Please review our policy set forth below to learn more about how we collect and use information on our web site. Should you have any questions, please contact our webmaster . By visiting SymmetryElectronics.com, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CUSTOMERS DOES SymmetryElectronics.com GATHER?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at SymmetryElectronics.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Registration: We collect information that you provide to us when registering to use our website or on of the various online product or services that we provide. The information we collect may include your name, address, phone and fax numbers, email address, and other information about your company to assist us in serving you.
- Website Usage: We collect information about the utilization and navigation of our website by users. The information we collect, which includes the user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address and the pages accessed while visiting our website, assists us in diagnosing problems, administering the website, analyzing trends, and gathering information for aggregate use.
- Emails and Newsletters: We may send you emails and newsletters from time to time about our products and services or other information we believe may be of interest to you. In addition, we may also send you periodic updates relating to changes and upgrades to our website. We intend these communications to be a service to our customers. If you do not wish to receive these notices, please send us an email.
- Other Communications- Surveys, Polls, Contests: We may from time-to-time, conduct surveys, polls or contests via our website and may therefore request information from you in conjunction with these types of endeavors. Participation will typically be voluntary and therefore you will have a choice whether or not to disclose the information requested.
- E-procurement (Online Ordering): Once you have established an account with us, if you desire to place an online order our products or services, we collect certain information from you that we deem necessary to process your order. In addition, we collect and maintain current and historical information about your transactions. SymmetryElectronics.com is under contract to provide point of sale information to many of its product and service suppliers for market research and payment of commission to the supplier’s agents. Additionally, if you have any open account with SymmetryElectronics.com, credit and payment history may be periodically shared with credit reporting agencies. SymmetryElectronics.com also uses customer information for marketing and market research. All customer information is kept confidential.
- Cookies: A “cookie” is a piece of data containing information about the user that a website can send to a user’s browser to be stored on the user’s hard drive. Cookies are used to enhance a user’s website experience. For more about cookies and their use by SymmetryElectronics.com, please see the next section, “What about cookies?”
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to communicate & recognize your browser and to provide features such as accessing the online store.
- Cookies that are generated by SymmetryElectronics.com and placed on your computer, will be used only for the online store feature. They will not be used to track your behavior and / or any feature outside of our online store.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, disabling cookies will not allow you to take full advantage of some of SymmetryElectronics.com's coolest features, including the online store and we recommend that you leave them turned on or enable them specifically for SymmetryElectronics.com.
DOES SymmetryElectronics.com SHARE THE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. These businesses operate stores at SymmetryElectronics.com or sell offerings to you at SymmetryElectronics.com. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
HOW SECURE IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
We take many precautions to protect the information we collect via our website. The measures we employ to protect such information encompass physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards such as user id’s, passwords, encryption software, and restricted access. Specifically;
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last 4 digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Account Information". When you update information, we usually will review it and may contact you sometimes to verify it before updating our records.
- You can opt out at any time by contacting us.