Telit Wireless Solutions Launches New Wireless Module Family Enabling Global Ubiquity on All Cellular Platforms
CeBit, Hannover, Germany, 2012 -- Telit Wireless Solutions, a leading global provider of high-quality machine-to-machine (M2M) modules and services, today announced its xE910 family of wireless modules featuring a single, compact form factor that is interchangeable on any regional cellular network, delivering ubiquitous, cost-effective coverage for M2M applications and consumer electronics devices worldwide.
Based on a Land-Grid-Array (LGA) form factor with a footprint of just 795mm2 and a total size of 28.2 x 28.2 x 2.2mm, the Telit xE910 family's uniform design gives customers the ability to choose between global or regional cellular technologies depending upon the location and requirements of a specific application for optimum data rates and module costs.
Supporting GSM/GPRS, UMTS/HSPA+ and CDMA/EV-DO cellular technologies, the xE910 family also allows applications to be easily upgraded, such as when migrating from 2G to 3.5G, while maintaining the core design of an application or device throughout its lifecycle.
"With one compact form factor, our new LGA-based xE910 wireless module family allows M2M developers and device manufacturers to easily customize their applications to take advantage of lower-cost regional spectrum bands," said Dominikus Hierl, chief marketing officer at Telit Wireless Solutions. "With the xE910 family, our customers can also ‘future-proof' their designs by enabling simple module integration and upgrades."
Telit's first announced module in the LGA form factor, the HE910 has been re-engineered to include nine additional global and regional variants, including:
- Three high-throughput (HSPA+ 5.76/21.0) penta-band variants (800/850/900/AWS/1900/2100 MHz) for the global market;
- Three local, lower throughput (HSPA+ 5.76/7.2) three-band variants (850/900/2100 MHz) for EMEA, APAC and Latin America markets;
- Three local, lower throughput (HSPA+ 5.76/7.2) three-band variants (850/1900/AWS) for the North American market
Designed for mobile computing, in-car telematics, PDAs, e-readers, tablet PCs and consumer mobile health devices, the new HE910 also allows customers to select specific features such as data only, data and voice, data/GPS, voice/GPS, or data/voice/GPS. Additionally, the module provides ubiquitous 2G coverage with quad band GPRS and EDGE class 33 as well as Rx diversity options, making it the most full-featured wireless module of any similarly-sized product on the market today.
A new member of the xE910 family is the Telit GE910 quad-band (GSM/GPRS: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz) module designed for lower throughput 2G M2M applications in asset tracking, remote industrial monitoring, automated utility meter reading, and more. An upgraded DE910 EV-DO and a new CE910 1xRTT module serving the CDMA markets are scheduled to be launched by Q3 2012, completing the Telit xE910 form factor family.
Features of New 910 series:
- All 910 modules are footprint compatible.
- Upgrade path to 3g and 4g without host PCB footprint modification.
- Modules have a stable migration path (hw/sw interface backward compatible) until 2022.
- Interface to host PCB must be soldered. A mechanical connector is a reliability risk in a high vibration environment.
- New form factor and packaging changed to LGA because, because a mechanical connector is a reliability risk in a high vibration environment.
- All software compatible and have the LGA surface mount package.
For more information on Telit, Symmetry Electronics or the the full line of Telit products, visit SemiconductorStore.com (a division of Symmetry Electronics).
Sign up to get tech news, product updates and store promos from Symmetry Electronics.Subscribe