Lantronix Launches XPort® Pro Lx6, Secure Embedded Device Server Supporting IPv6
Dec 11, 2013
Irvine, Calif. - December 11, 2013 - Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX), a global provider of smart networking and communications solutions for machine-to-machine (M2M) applications, today announced the launch and availability of the XPort® Pro Lx6 embedded device server – an IPv6 solution within its award-winning XPort Pro module family for wired Internet of Things (IoT) deployments. The new Lx6 version is a powerful, embedded Ethernet networking engine that enables customers to deploy advanced M2M applications in an integrated, thumb-sized package.
"The new XPort Pro Lx6 embodies the Lantronix value proposition – robust and secure networking solutions that are easy to deploy, use, and manage," said Vishal Kakkad, director of product marketing for Lantronix. "With tens of thousands of customers worldwide, the XPort family has an established record of performance and reliability. This addition to the XPort family continues this tradition and enables new and existing customers to quickly participate in the ongoing market transition from IPv4 to next generation IPv6 networks."
XPort Pro Lx6: Key Features and Benefits
With the XPort Pro Lx6, Lantronix brings its industry leading M2M/IoT connectivity expertise and extends it for the next generation IP network deployments. It is pin and form factor compatible with other members of the award winning Lantronix XPort family. Key features and benefits include:
- Easy to deploy and use: Simple device setup, configuration and monitoring without any software development.
- Innovative Form Factor: Addition to the family of the category defining and award winning XPort form factor.
- Robust: Device Server Application Suite hardened by Lantronix over the last decade.
- Feature Rich: Multiple session connectivity modes, remote firmware upgrades and configuration with enterprise class management interfaces.
- Secure: FIPS 197 compliant 256-bit AES encryption.
- Industrial-Ready: Operating environment at extended temperatures: -40 to +85 C.
- Standards-based: Conforms to the latest IP networking standards ensuring interoperability and eliminating vendor lock-in.
- IPv6 Ready Certified: Ensures conformance to the Core Protocols increasing user confidence in the availability of IPv6.
- Guaranteed: 2-year limited warranty.
The XPort Pro Product Family
The XPort Pro family is one of Lantronix' most powerful, self-contained embedded networking module solutions. Footprint compatible with the popular XPort® and running either Linux or Evolution OS® operating systems, the XPort Pro reduces the complexity of designing network connectivity into a product and allows customers to deploy advanced applications on the edge device itself. The thumb-sized XPort Pro provides everything needed in a single embedded solution. It effortlessly handles demanding applications with the power of a high-speed, advanced 32-bit processor. With ample built-in memory, it allows virtually unlimited flexibility for customization and applications enablement.
Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) is the next generation Internet Protocol address standard, intended to supplement and eventually replace the Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) standard most Internet services use to transact on the internet today. Specifically, IPv6 is a set of specifications from the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) that's essentially an upgrade of IPv4, wherein devices can use IPv6 as source and destination addresses to pass packets over a network. Advantages of IPv6 (over IPv4) include:
- IPv6 supports source and destination IP addresses that are lengthened from 32 bits to 128 bits, providing for the continued growth of the Internet by providing relief for an impending shortage of network addresses.
- IPv6 supports auto-configuration (does not require manual configuration or DHCP).
- Supports a 1280-byte packet size or greater (without fragmentation).
- Uses Multicast Neighbor Solicitation messages to resolve IP addresses to link-layer addresses; and uses Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) messages to manage membership in local subnet groups.
- Uses ICMPv6 Router Solicitation and Router Advertisement messages to determine the IP address of the best default gateway.
Symmetry Electronics (and its e-commerce division - SemiconductorStore.com) is an authorized Lantronix distributor.
Sign up to get tech news, product updates and store promos from Symmetry Electronics.Subscribe