Irvine, Calif. – June 25, 2014
, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX), a leading global provider of smart IoT (Internet of Things) solutions, today announced the launch of the SLB8824 (220V), a next-generation Lantronix® SLB™ branch office manager which supports 200-240 VAC, 50/60Hz and is available in Europe and Asia. The SLB8824 (220V) is the latest expansion of the Lantronix SLB product line of integrated secure console server and power management appliances, which enable IT administrators to securely manage remote servers and IT infrastructure equipment quickly and easily over the Internet. It has the same features and functionality as the 110V version of the next generation SLB (the SLB8822), which is currently available in North America.
"Today more than ever, the need to keep IT equipment operational 24/7 is critical to our success, and more importantly, the success of our customers," said Marcel Stegmuller, owner of Stegmuller Datentechnik IT-system house – a systems integrator focused on the design and implementation of state-of-the-art server, storage, and security solutions. "Every day, we help businesses fight cybercrime and reduce risk thanks to Lantronix and their suite of feature-rich, out-of-band IT management solutions. The ability to remotely access, control and manage massive and highly-distributed networks of IT equipment is critical, and the new Lantronix SLB is an ideal complement to our security and compliance solutions."
"In the public sector, all eyes are on security. There is tremendous pressure to increase process efficiency and reduce costs, while ensuring IT equipment and related solutions are bullet proof from a security perspective," said Ed Floyd, Vendor Alliance Manager for EnNet – a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to public sector entities. "Private sector businesses and public sector entities with remote and branch office locations are especially vulnerable to office downtime, which can result in lost revenue and productivity. The new Lantronix SLB provides easy-to-use, real time visibility and control that IT professionals require for their critical infrastructure management challenges."
The Lantronix SLB – Branch Office Management
The Lantronix SLB branch office manager enables administrators to easily and securely manage remote servers and IT infrastructure equipment over the LAN or the Internet. This innovative hybrid device combines the capabilities of the Company's award-winning Lantronix SLC™ console manager along with remote power management into a compact, 1U rack-mountable appliance. The Lantronix SLB is compatible with Lantronix' SLM™ central management appliance and vSLM™ software, which allow for central management, control and configuration of attached devices.
- Eight (8) serial ports for console connectivity;
- Enables systems administrators to remotely manage Linux, UNIX, and Windows servers, routers, switches, telecom, building access equipment, and many more; and
- Provides data logging, monitoring, and secure access control via an internet browser.
Power Management and Redundancy
- Eight (8) ports for power connectivity;
- Provides ability to control power individually to all attached equipment;
- Provides power switching (on/off/reboot) control;
- Provides current measurement and monitoring to each power port;
- Ensures safe power distribution and reduces in-rush current overload; and
- Dual AC inlets allow for power redundancy and automatic transfer switching.
Lantronix IT Management Solutions: The Power and Flexibility of Secure Remote Management
No matter where you are located, you can connect to your equipment throughout the world, diagnose and address problems remotely with Lantronix IT infrastructure management products and solutions. Benefits of Lantronix remote management solutions include:
- Enable system administrators to manage network and IT assets from virtually anywhere over the Internet or dial-up or cellular connection.
- Ensure uptime by quickly troubleshooting and repairing servers and IT equipment from anywhere, at any time.
- Achieve true lights-out, out-of-band management of connected devices in test labs and data centers for configuring servers, switches, routers, firewalls, repairing IT equipment, and controlling power.
- Minimize operating costs by consolidating data and system management operations.
- Save space with compact designs and eliminate the need for a separate keyboard, video monitor and mouse for each computer.
- Reduce power consumption and cooling costs by lowering heat dissipation caused by redundant monitors.
"We are excited to build upon the initial success of the Lantronix SLB by expanding features, functionality and availability to address the specific needs and requirements of the EMEA and Asia-Pacific regions," said Kurt Busch, president and CEO for Lantronix. "Our long term, global strategy provides for an expansion of our enterprise solutions into all geographic regions, and we believe this latest addition to our Lantronix SLB portfolio of products will be a door-opener for enterprises with branch or satellite offices in diverse verticals including retail, finance, and hospitality."